Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2002 11:19:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2002 11:23:07 PM EDT by Zardoz]
Ok, fellas, I caved in and put an SAR 1 on layaway, and I'd like to hear any opinons and/or comments about how I plan to "personalize" the rascal. Here's my current plan:

Red Star Arms adjustable trigger
K-VAR OD Green furniture
RPK rear sight
Ultimac gas tube/rail mount (just because it COULD come in handy)
Some sort of muzzle brake/compensator (Smith brake, AK-type, or ?)
6 to 8 30-rd magazines, plus 1 75-rd drum
Absolute ASSLOAD of ammo

So what do you fellas think?
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 11:54:37 PM EDT
Instead of the RPK sight you might want to check out Global Trades as they are advertising the adjustable rear sight that they claim was manufacture specifically for the 16" barrel of the stamped receiver. They also have ones that are graduated for milled guns or chinese type AK's. The price on both is $29.99 but I plan on getting one with an order of some things I want. I originally got an adjustable RPK sight when TAPCO had them for $17.00.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 3:42:19 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 5:20:41 AM EDT
Other than a slant brake I'm leaving my SAR-1 alone.

It will be my only sample of a "normal" AK, since my SAR-2 is getting the KampyKlone treatment, my MAK-90 has an ACE stock, with FAL style pistol grip, custom brake and Ultimak, and the VEPR II is, well, a VEPR II.

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:10:52 AM EDT
I'd have no use for the Ultimak and its heavy from what I hear. I think thy're ugly also but that's me.
I like the black furniture but that's a matter of taste.
Get more Mags!!!!!And I second what Campy said about the Bulg waffles. My favorite mags by far.
Ammo: I really like the South African 7.62x39. Buy a case or two. Aim surplus is who I ordered from(excellent price) but I don't know what they have in stock currently.

Learn to bump. And then buy lots more ammo.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 9:40:29 AM EDT
Visit Tantal for a Kobra instead of the RPK sight and Ultimak mount.
Pick up some curbside appliances and other objects for targets!
Trigger, mags, ammo, and take your time phasing in the rest of the tweaks.
Top Top