AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I placed my order for one sling Thursday evening and received the tracking Friday.  UPS has now handed it off to USPS and is supposed to deliver tomorrow (Tuesday).  

I hope it's nice.
View Quote

I'm sure it will be.  I'm totally digging mine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, so I got my sling and this makes me sad because I absolutely HATE it.  Click To View Spoiler Thus, I am a failure and I have to do the return walk of shame...  But I suppose good news for the next person that wants one and thought they were OOS.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok, so I got my sling and this makes me sad because I absolutely HATE it.  Click To View Spoiler Thus, I am a failure and I have to do the return walk of shame...  But I suppose good news for the next person that wants one and thought they were OOS.
View Quote

The Vickers CAS sling does have a limited range of adjustment compared to the VTAC or other slings with a tail. After training with both, I've come to prefer the Vickers because there is no tail to worry about dangling loosely or trying to find to adjust the sling. I have mine set up so that at the tightest position, I can still assume a firing stance with tension from the sling giving some stability. I use the loose position to allow me to transition to weak side firing.

You're right though that the sling will not tighten up enough to secure the rifle as you describe above. There's a limited availability Vickers Medic sling that has another adjustment slider on the back end of the sling that might serve you better. Or you may be better off with a tailed sling. In fact, Blue Force Gear is now offering this type of sling as well. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a neat sling! Lots of adjustment.

Here is the first picture of one of them on an AK12.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Here are a few of my Limited Vickers AK slings.  Bottom is from the latest run

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here are a few of my Limited Vickers AK slings.  Bottom is from the latest run
https://i.imgur.com/3xbVJoM.jpg
View Quote

God damn it, here I was thinking I'd steal page 2, and then you come in with this badass pic!

Nice collection my friend!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Vickers CAS sling does have a limited range of adjustment compared to the VTAC or other slings with a tail. After training with both, I've come to prefer the Vickers because there is no tail to worry about dangling loosely or trying to find to adjust the sling. I have mine set up so that at the tightest position, I can still assume a firing stance with tension from the sling giving some stability. I use the loose position to allow me to transition to weak side firing.

You're right though that the sling will not tighten up enough to secure the rifle as you describe above. There's a limited availability Vickers Medic sling that has another adjustment slider on the back end of the sling that might serve you better. Or you may be better off with a tailed sling. In fact, Blue Force Gear is now offering this type of sling as well. Hope this helps.
View Quote

I guess I should have payed more attention and realized that there are different kinds of Vickers slings, I admit that all I saw was "Vickers" and "AK sling" and I jumped.  On a positive note, I did just get my refund today...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top