Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its disappointing that the B33 dust cover doesn't work with the Zenitco rails.  Wish it was a direct replacement.
View Quote
Same here

Frankly the main value for me of B10 is the addition of the B33 dust cover, which lets you use a wide variety of optic combinations...daylight optic, thermal, and thermal clip-on in front of some types of daylight optics. B33 is also useful for LVPO's if that's your thing. If I'm going ZenitCo I want B33 every time, which is why these PSA HGs were mildly disappointing. They are well made and I like them, but I don't put railed components on my 74s for looks, I use them for specific configurations and without B33 compatibility it was a bit of a let down

Side note, as much as I love ZenitCo gear I actually use an Ultimak instead of B19 due to the larger rail space of the Ultimak, which lets me mount a Perst 3 and a modbutton on top, which is my prefered method of activating the laser during hog hunting or other shooting. B19 is well made but IMO is a bit of a swing and a miss in a way as well, because it's mostly just suitable for a laser with direct thumb activation only, and if you use a pressure switch you have to put the switch or your modbutton on the side of B10 due to the tiny pic rail slots available on B19...there's just no room to fit more than a laser on top of B19 and it also doesn't let you push the laser forward all the way to the FSB which is a weird and annoying oversight by ZenitCo. It seems like the Russian way to use Perst 3 is thumb activation on the Perst 3 itself, but personally I use a pressure switch on almost all of my lasers and don't really care for B19 because of the geometry. My way isn't the only way to use it but I ended up not getting what I wanted out of B19 for my style, so I dropped it in favor of the Ultimak. B31 doesn't have the same issue as B19 because it's much longer, but its also heavier and has a less classic look, for whatever thats worth

B10 is a great HG and perfect for mounting a light at 3 or 9 o'clock, but there are other HGs that let you do that as well...so back to B33: if the lower HG isn't compatible with B33 it's a pretty big missed opportunity. I do hope PSA releases their B33 version to go with the SA10 and SA19 combo though because if they can get that figured out like ZenitCo did with B33 we're all going to be in a really position for getting our AKs dialed into the configurations we each prefer

Link Posted: 12/12/2022 6:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#3]
JMAN has mentioned many times a railed top cover and stock were going to be released along with some other stuff in forgetting.
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 9:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, been waiting to post on these rails in comparison to the Zenitco counterparts. Overall well made and I really enjoy them, I purchased 4 sets and currently have one on a SGL 74, one on a slr104fr, and two on WASRs from the 2008 time frame. I have probably 3200 rounds on my SGL with the rails and they have been solid. I prefer them to the Zenitco if I could make suggestions to PSA, since them and KUSA are rocking the US ak market. Please make these in full 1913 rails, also scrub the Russian mounting system and do a full M-Lock. I fricken love that PSA is bringing us Zenitco style systems for the USA market. Keep kicking ass PSA we love you guys…

This is just a sample pic, I will add a surefire pressure pad and Eotech when Xmas is over.. married with 5 kids makes my Ak play a little… delayed.. but my kids are starting to help me test these new products more. Just for the record the PSA rails are as of today… Wyoming winter approved
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
JMAN has mentioned many times a railed top cover and stock were going to be released along with some other stuff in forgetting.
View Quote

Any chance they'll be on display at SHOT show?
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Heavy breathing

Still want the long rails and dust cover first but good to see everything is being cloned
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18199/PSX_20221223_101853-2645856.jpg

Looks like the railed dust cover will continue to be the desire that hinges off the rear sight base?
View Quote

Our railed dust cover is about ready. We will have the stock, railed dust cover and long handguard for shot show.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Heavy breathing

Still want the long rails and dust cover first but good to see everything is being cloned
View Quote

Long rails will be for sale in a few weeks. The dust cover is almost ready.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#13]
i want the other style stock but I'll take this too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#16]

So the dust cover is a TWS clone, not a zenitco style unit?

Link Posted: 12/23/2022 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So the dust cover is a TWS clone, not a zenitco style unit?

View Quote

I don't think they have showed the new dust cover yet.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don't think they have showed the new dust cover yet.
View Quote

Thats great news.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

BigSal quietly misses Jman's reply posted above....

View Quote

I’m on vacation man, can’t be expected to see EVERYTHING on my phone!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol!  Merry Christmas to you!
View Quote

You as well my friend! But we still need to address the fact that the Turks are apparently going to beat PSA to market with a rail that looks suspiciously like it was made in China....
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's this one?

https://barwarus.com/products/handguards-kit-z-style

I see in the promotional pic that the rifle appears to have a TWS railed dust cover. So no B-33 copy on the way?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/NEW-Zenitco-style-ALPHA-1-AK-Rail-from-BarWarus-1.jpg
View Quote

That is the one. I highly suspect it is Chinese though. When you go to the website, one of the pictures is lifted from an airsoft manufacturer. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That is the one. I highly suspect it is Chinese though. When you go to the website, one of the pictures is lifted from an airsoft manufacturer. Time will tell.
View Quote

I’ve heard second hand of some dudes having decent luck with buying the “higher tier” Zenitco clone airsoft rails. I’m still patiently waiting for PSA to give me the sauce. I’m going to need that long rail.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Anything come out of SHOT about these?
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Strongly considering ditching the venerable gkr-10ms and ordering an sa-10u / sa-19 zenitclone handguard from PSA.

B-33 clone was a no show at SHOT. What’s the word on the street? Stage fright? Did MI steal their thunder with the Alpha release? Will PSA continue to do the lords work? Will i live to regret my decision?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I’ve heard second hand of some dudes having decent luck with buying the “higher tier” Zenitco clone airsoft rails. I’m still patiently waiting for PSA to give me the sauce. I’m going to need that long rail.
View Quote

Any idea which one? They used to be all over AliExpress.

It's machines aluminum, can't be that different.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:03:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

That, my good fellow, is where you are wrong! Without getting too technical, some aluminum products are alloyed with a blend of other metallic elements. The specific composition will result in more or less durable, and/or more or less corrosion resistant product. The D16T aluminum alloy used by Zenitco, is similar to the 2024 -T4 ASTM designation which uses a high-strength alloy suitable for projects requiring a high strength-to-weight ratio and excellent fatigue resistance. Often times, the airsoft clones from China are actually made from Zamak 4. They are allowed to label it aluminum, because it does contain 4% of aluminum, but you cannot compare it to the aircraft grade D16T stuff alloy used by Zenitco.

Please do not use airsoft products on real guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Strongly considering ditching the venerable gkr-10ms and ordering an sa-10u / sa-19 zenitclone handguard from PSA.

B-33 clone was a no show at SHOT. What’s the word on the street? Stage fright? Did MI steal their thunder with the Alpha release? Will PSA continue to do the lords work? Will i live to regret my decision?
View Quote

I’m confident PSA will make good on the top cover.  They just have multiple irons in the fire.

I went ahead and ordered the SA-10U/19 set last week to respin my SLR-106FR for the third time.  I’ll add the top cover eventually.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think the brand is “SKU” or “5KU”
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#35]
aluminum....they should work, but not in stock.

I may try them, just cause.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Just wish we could get an ETA on the PT-1 Clone especially with the goodness we saw at SHOT SHOW LOL
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#37]
There are several airsoft distributors that sell them and have them in stock. I will say I bought a 5KU Zenitco Sport-1 Handguard set for my AK105 and it fit perfect. I was kind of shocked. I currently have an IR/Laser and light on it and it holds really well. It's essentially CNC machined aluminum. The only noticeable difference I realized was the set screws used the allen wrench rather than the flat head screws that Zenitco uses.

There are other airsoft brands similar to 5KU, one of which is LCT I believe. Also really good quality and comparable. I've bought some Rp-1 charging handles and some Rp-5's as well and they hold just as good as the originals. I can't complain but when you're spending $90 on a hanguard zenitco "knock-off" rail opposed to the 600+ range I see them going for, I'm not too disappointed. The only thing I don't have experience with is the B-33 dust cover. I'm afriad to try it and it doesn't fit or workout.

I have tried the PT-1 Stock and you have to make sure you find the adapter plate that goes on the back to house the 4.5mm pin or 5.5mm pin. You can ask because they use those same dimensions. Also I would suggest making sure you get the gen2 in the airsoft model because it looks a lot more identical to the real deal and works just like it.

This is all coming from someone who had thousdans of dollars tied up into zenitco, sold the zenitco and randomly tried some of the airsoft rails and honestly I've shot the piss out of them and they still work. I've seen people post pics on threads on reddit where they may have cracked it or something like that, but i've seen that with the real deal as well. Just depends if you're willing to dish out 90-100 dollars on knockoffs which are still significantly cheaper than competitive brands or products and work just as well. My 2 cents..

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm willing to try it out, I just need to decide if I want to tacticool my 104
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Yeah thats another thing I thought about today when I went out to the range. I was shooting my 104 which also has the sport 1 black handguard (airsoft) on it and I thought to myself how inconvenient it would be if I wanted to pull off the gas tube for cleaning and maintenance on the rifle. That may really be the only downside to it. Also if you're shooting, it's a lot more comfortable with tactical gloves than holding bare aluminum in 20 degree weather haha.

As for the stock, it really wasn't all that bad. I would even say if you can find the real deal adapter that goes on the back of the receiver and screws into the stock, it might be better just because I think that little adapter where the pin goes is made of steel whereas I'm not sure what the airsfot one is made of. If I were to use the airsoft stock, I think that may be the only piece I'm not 100% sold on being durable for the way I whip the stock open and use my rifles.
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There are several airsoft distributors that sell them and have them in stock. I will say I bought a 5KU Zenitco Sport-1 Handguard set for my AK105 and it fit perfect. I was kind of shocked. I currently have an IR/Laser and light on it and it holds really well. It's essentially CNC machined aluminum. The only noticeable difference I realized was the set screws used the allen wrench rather than the flat head screws that Zenitco uses.

There are other airsoft brands similar to 5KU, one of which is LCT I believe. Also really good quality and comparable. I've bought some Rp-1 charging handles and some Rp-5's as well and they hold just as good as the originals. I can't complain but when you're spending $90 on a hanguard zenitco "knock-off" rail opposed to the 600+ range I see them going for, I'm not too disappointed. The only thing I don't have experience with is the B-33 dust cover. I'm afriad to try it and it doesn't fit or workout.

I have tried the PT-1 Stock and you have to make sure you find the adapter plate that goes on the back to house the 4.5mm pin or 5.5mm pin. You can ask because they use those same dimensions. Also I would suggest making sure you get the gen2 in the airsoft model because it looks a lot more identical to the real deal and works just like it.

This is all coming from someone who had thousdans of dollars tied up into zenitco, sold the zenitco and randomly tried some of the airsoft rails and honestly I've shot the piss out of them and they still work. I've seen people post pics on threads on reddit where they may have cracked it or something like that, but i've seen that with the real deal as well. Just depends if you're willing to dish out 90-100 dollars on knockoffs which are still significantly cheaper than competitive brands or products and work just as well. My 2 cents..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The LCT Handguard was questionable. As in I could bend the things with 1 hand squeezing on it.

5KU is probably the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’m confident PSA will make good on the top cover.  They just have multiple irons in the fire.

I went ahead and ordered the SA-10U/19 set last week to respin my SLR-106FR for the third time.  I’ll add the top cover eventually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur. Ordered one as well over the weekend to throw on the PSA 105. I'm hoping I don't have to use the set screw and block mounting the cleaning rod, which will detract from its overall "drip".

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Can we get some photos of the 5KU stuff people own in here? Cause I’ve got the fixed stock, grip, sport 4, and charging knob in a cart right now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Can we get some photos of the 5KU stuff people own in here? Cause I’ve got the fixed stock, grip, sport 4, and charging knob in a cart right now.
View Quote

Where you seeing them in stock?

Also, for the PT-5.

https://www.facebook.com/5kuairsoft/videos/pt-5-for-ghk-akm/511865530585881/
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was just going to say... how do I know it's not Chinese.

Then again, how do I know the actual Zentico stuff is made in Russia...
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:54:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I concur. Ordered one as well over the weekend to throw on the PSA 105. I'm hoping I don't have to use the set screw and block mounting the cleaning rod, which will detract from its overall "drip".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine arrived last night and it fit 100% perfectly on the 106FR.  No fitting, no fighting with the front retainer latch, just perfect.  Did not need to use the set screw either, though I did need a screwdriver to finagle the cleaning rod all the way home.

My impressions are really positive; I never sprung for any true Zenitco gear so I can't compare to them but I really like it.  After 15 years, my SLR-106FR finally feels right.    Makes me that much more excited for the arrival of the matching top cover!

Now I just have to fight the urge to redo more of my AKs with these.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Those look really good!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#48]

I don't know why they stayed with the trapezoid pattern on the upper portion. It is aesthetically unsound. Bottom unit looks pretty clean, and well set-up. I was pretty disappointed that a b33 didn't fit into the short rail, so I will hold off on buying this one until there is a dust cover rail that is comparable.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't know why they stayed with the trapezoid pattern on the upper portion. It is aesthetically unsound. Bottom unit looks pretty clean, and well set-up. I was pretty disappointed that a b33 didn't fit into the short rail, so I will hold off on buying this one until there is a dust cover rail that is comparable.
View Quote

Agreed, looks way better then the MI Alpha but doesn't have the same vibe as the Zentico.

No idea why they didn't straight up 1-1 copy Zentico. Not shit Zentico can do about it with the sancations.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Agreed, looks way better then the MI Alpha but doesn't have the same vibe as the Zentico.

No idea why they didn't straight up 1-1 copy Zentico. Not shit Zentico can do about it with the sancations.
View Quote

Well, they can't do a 1:1 copy as that would be absolutely immoral. Zenitco are good people, and I don't like to see IP rip off regardless of circumstance. Agreed with the rest: this is still a BIG step above the MI handguard, which looks ridiculous with that weird hump portion. I am sure MI built a solid product, but man oh man do they need to hire a new designer! Same with their galil rail. I own that one and it looks ugly as hell (though it is solid and functional).
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top