Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is there any way you could IM me a link to the clones like do you mean like airsoft versions or something or is there like a more sturdier build?

I did order a b30 clone and it didn't look bad but the front part of it would bend easy because it's not in contact with the retainer or anything like that. I don't think the shorter versions of these would have that issue
View Quote
'course bruh - let me retrieve what mine is and where I got it and will send via IM later

PSA Ak-V by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't mind some extra stuff to finish up another build.  I really love the Zenitco stuff.

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
bump for updates on ETA
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't wait for this stuff to hit the market, 600+ for a B31 combo is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to the options. I love my Zenitco stuff but would like to add some to AK-V.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Any word on when we can expect the furniture?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any word on when we can expect the furniture?
View Quote

The models/drawings are done. We are waiting on the tooling and then will tool it up. Best guess we are looking at 30 to 45 days, but with the supply chain issues etc to is hard to say. We are going as quickly as possible.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The models/drawings are done. We are waiting on the tooling and then will tool it up. Best guess we are looking at 30 to 45 days, but with the supply chain issues etc to is hard to say. We are going as quickly as possible.
View Quote

I appreciate the reply. You guys are straight killing it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
PT-1 ????
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

On the Russian 100 series they hammer in snug. On PSA(Similar to Bulgarian SLR geometry) you have to grind, hammer, fit, repeat. The instructions stressed not removing material, but you have no choice unless you have an Izzy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have multiple US distributors if you don't want to order it from overseas.  They require fitting on Russian rifles as well.  It's part of the reason why the system they developed holds zero for optics/lasers.

On the Russian 100 series they hammer in snug. On PSA(Similar to Bulgarian SLR geometry) you have to grind, hammer, fit, repeat. The instructions stressed not removing material, but you have no choice unless you have an Izzy.

I'm sure someone else may have already addressed this but when installing my straight from Russia B30 handguard/rail, I didn't have to sand, file, or remove any material in order for it to fit my PSAK104. Just as they strictly recommend, I purely had to hammer the handguard into place. There was zero damaged caused by the process and yes it felt at times that it was not going to fit, I just continued to press/hammer it into place and it has been absolutely rock solid. I think most Americans do not believe that it should require such hammering but that's just the Russian way of ensuring a tight fit on a wide range of AK tolerances.

I assisted a friend of mine to install his Zenitco B10u on his Arsenal SLR-107. It feels as though it wont fit and it definitely took us 2 sets of hands, a large wooden mallet, and a strong vice but we installed both rails on both firearms without damage.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm sure someone else may have already addressed this but when installing my straight from Russia B30 handguard/rail, I didn't have to sand, file, or remove any material in order for it to fit my PSAK104. Just as they strictly recommend, I purely had to hammer the handguard into place. There was zero damaged caused by the process and yes it felt at times that it was not going to fit, I just continued to press/hammer it into place and it has been absolutely rock solid. I think most Americans do not believe that it should require such hammering but that's just the Russian way of ensuring a tight fit on a wide range of AK tolerances.

I assisted a friend of mine to install his Zenitco B10u on his Arsenal SLR-107. It feels as though it wont fit and it definitely took us 2 sets of hands, a large wooden mallet, and a strong vice but we installed both rails on both firearms without damage.
View Quote

Wasn't the case for me on my PSA 104, had to sand down the handguard retainer to fit my B30 on it. Also have a MI Gen 2 Side Rail Mount that is not centered either, want to try the B13 for Zenitco purposes but probably going RS Regulate.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wasn't the case for me on my PSA 104, had to sand down the handguard retainer to fit my B30 on it. Also have a MI Gen 2 Side Rail Mount that is not centered either, want to try the B13 for Zenitco purposes but probably going RS Regulate.
View Quote

Same here.  Had to remove substantial material from the inside contact area of PSA hand guard retainers - on both an AK-V and AK104 - they're way out of "spec".  If you do manage to get them into the retainer, your bottom hand guard will likely be tilted upwards if you don't remove some material from the bottom of the retainer.

I did not remove material from the Zenitco handguards.  My experience has been, they will hammer into the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Same here.  Had to remove substantial material from the inside contact area of PSA hand guard retainers - on both an AK-V and AK104 - they're way out of "spec".  If you do manage to get them into the retainer, your bottom hand guard will likely be tilted upwards if you don't remove some material from the bottom of the retainer.

I did not remove material from the Zenitco handguards.  My experience has been, they will hammer into the receiver.
View Quote

^This, I hand to get it perfectly centered and had to do inside and outside of the retainer, on top of cold bluing the handguard retainer after I was done. I wonder if Huck's was just a fluke, and definitely not knocking PSA, love my 104 but I guess not all PSA's are equal in some of those small details. With that said wonder if this is an issue with PSA AK's and if its addressing with this style of furniture before release.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone post a picture of the PSA dustcover rail (their equivalent to the Zenitco B-33)?
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can someone post a picture of the PSA dustcover rail (their equivalent to the Zenitco B-33)?
View Quote

As far as I know they've only teased a B10U, B19N, B30U and B31N/S "clone"
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As far as I know they've only teased a B10U, B19N, B30U and B31N/S "clone"
View Quote

Unacceptable. Someone tease me with the dust cover rail.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get what your saying, and I'm glad yours fit. But mine was definitely not fitting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Where we at PSA? I need that handguard. Badly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Where we at PSA? I need that handguard. Badly.
View Quote

We have the majority of the tooling in, setting up, hopefully the first articles in 2 or 3 weeks. If all goes well 30 days after first articles.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We have the majority of the tooling in, setting up, hopefully the first articles in 2 or 3 weeks. If all goes well 30 days after first articles.
View Quote

OUTSTANDING! I’ll be hitting the Denver NC store religiously in search of these.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#21]
cool, I am excited to see these in the wild PSA is crushing it in the ak house.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#22]
@adh asked me to report on the use-wear of this rail I have (5KU "Zenitco" B10M rail you see below).

I have now put several hundred rounds through it; no sign whatsoever of use, scratches, it has NOT come loose at all - it was always super sturdy from the moment of installation).

On the note of installing it, while we have heard from the real Zenitco rail that it needs a hammer to be thrown in, it wasn't the case for what came from 5KU.
It seemed it had been designed for my PSA Akv-9; it went it almost effortlessly and it is provided with an aluminum part (two of them come with the kit, standard) that fit perfectly in the frame of the carbine that will get screwed against the actual rail (I believe this is how the original works as well).

Once both parts are in, it's rock solid. I mean, super steady as in a military grade steady rigidity.

Considering the price (I think it was USD50), I would recommend this to ANYONE interested for a PSA Akv!

ETA - please note that the suppressor looking thing is ALSO a metal built, Airsoft thing that is just a barrel shroud (fully open on end) that sits there for looks.
24mm threads, works just wonderfully

ETA2: Andy wanted to know where I got mine; it was some airsoft site in (south) Korea I think? Unsure. Can't remember if it was China.
But I am 100% sure the brand is 5KU and guys, I'll say again, go buy it.

It works absolutely perfectly WITH PSA Akv-9s!

Ak-V and Evo by Solo__, on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We are looking into a grip right now, nothing set in stone, what do you recommend?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Jman_JJE

And grips?

Either all aluminum or rubber coated?

We are looking into a grip right now, nothing set in stone, what do you recommend?

I would like to see AK12 grips with storage, but that’s just me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#24]
PSA Instagram shared this. Seems like it’s just about time!

My body is ready PSA. Please start selling these.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I need a corresponding green dust cover.
The stocks are another piece.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#26]
We’re these going to have the same picatinny swivel dust cover like the Zenitco model does?  That’s a major selling point for me
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We’re these going to have the same picatinny swivel dust cover like the Zenitco model does?  That’s a major selling point for me
View Quote

Best I can tell they’re setting these up to be near exact clones of the Zenit stuff. So I’d expect to see something.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Best I can tell they’re setting these up to be near exact clones of the Zenit stuff. So I’d expect to see something.
View Quote

If they can make the exact clone with the picatinny dust cover rail, it will be hard to keep it in stock, would love to see this on a 102
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
PSA Instagram shared this. Seems like it’s just about time!

My body is ready PSA. Please start selling these.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450004/9FC30675-7588-4D24-8AD0-2EE310E50A6D_jpe-2421627.JPG
View Quote

Note the new magazine type. Living in Washington state means I will never be able to see these here.... Sad.

As for the rail, you might also notice they removed the rear m-lok slot featured in their first teaser. Why? I would assume it is because they realized the two bolt/screw system is necessary to stabilize their b-33 (dust cover rail) clone (which I hope they tease soon as well).

Hopefully, the rails come to market before my state bans every f*cking thing I enjoy buying...
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 5:33:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Where are we at with the handguards PSA?
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Can PSA clone some Delta Tek Flash hiders also since mine got dicked over at customs?

Link Posted: 7/4/2022 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Where are we at with the handguards PSA?
View Quote

Samesies
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Samesies
View Quote

Tooling is done we have raw materials on order, looking at two weeks or less.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can PSA clone some Delta Tek Flash hiders also since mine got dicked over at customs?

View Quote

Less than 30 days away.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Less than 30 days away.
View Quote

I'm gonna send you a PM. I got a couple questions.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Tooling is done we have raw materials on order, looking at two weeks or less.
View Quote

Will you have the B-33 dust cover rail/ clone in at the same time, or is that later in the pipeline?
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Will you have the B-33 dust cover rail/ clone in at the same time, or is that later in the pipeline?
View Quote

We have a stock and dust cover that I am sure the market will like, they are closer to 120 days out.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

We have a stock and dust cover that I am sure the market will like, they are closer to 120 days out.
View Quote

Will keep an eye out.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any hints on which stock?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Less than 30 days away.
View Quote

Hopefully the 9mm flash hider is functional and not just aesthetic?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There is a short and long hand guard, top cover, extended charging handle and stock all OTW
View Quote

@Jman_JJE is there any chance we could see some photos of the stock? What rear trunion is it designed to work it, the fixed stock or the 100/74 series style folders?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Oh man I am so pumped for these
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hopefully the 9mm flash hider is functional and not just aesthetic?
View Quote

They just teased the 5.45 version on their instagram. Looks great.... but still no B-33 style dust cover rail, which is what everyone really wants to see.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Less than 30 days away.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#45]

JMAN: A real quick request.

You see the TWS style rail that you have on the unit in your picture? Can you make one for the standard AK with a notch style back up sight (as is found on your AK-P, and AK-V) instead of the thing you have on there now?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

JMAN: A real quick request.

You see the TWS style rail that you have on the unit in your picture? Can you make one for the standard AK with a notch style back up sight (as is found on your AK-P, and AK-V) instead of the thing you have on there now?
View Quote

I will say something to the engineers and see what is in the works
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I will say something to the engineers and see what is in the works
View Quote

Thanks in advance. Several of us are faster on notch sights, and they also look a shit ton better than the alternative on the AK.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Dear lord baby Jesus please allow these things to be good flash hiders. Those look really good. I'll be buying one regardless.

View Quote

This is an exciting product.

Excellent work PSA!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Any news on the stocks?
Page / 7
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top