AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Wanna buy a WASR OP....
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
naaaaah...no dimples, no deal. i didnt buy them @$275 years ago, and i wont pay $900 today LOL.

ONLY thing i want is a 5.45/556  alpha boi anyways.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up my ZPAP M70 and have to say that it is glorious in fit and finish. The trigger? It's the best trigger out of all of my AKs, even my SAM7SF84E. I haven't shot it yet, but so far I am impressed. So much so that if they ever bring out an underfolder I'm buying it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't knock the wasr's. Tbey are side rifles that can take serious abuse... plenty of torture videos on yoytube...
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anything FEG will fetch a great price.
View Quote

I have 2 pre-ban FEGs and a post-ban FEG dressed up as a AMD-65 that I’ll never sell.   My Russian SLG 21 and SLG 31 are keepers too!!

I don’t have a shortage of AKs and I’m planning on un-banning my Romanian SAR-1, SAR-2 and SAR-3 this year since I’ve been putting it off for years, but now that I’m retired, time to take care of business!!  I have the old Romanian Bakelike Handguard with the forward grip and a Romanian AK-74 type muzzle brakes…. Just glad that I bought all these original Romanian parts before they became to expensive and hard to find… In new/unused condition.

I’ve kicked around the ideal of selling some of my Bulgarian SLR rifles, but every time I get close to doing it, The brain reminds me about the time I sold my Uzi Model A carbine and my HK-93 back in 1992 for the then high end going prices, only to pay far more for them again back in 2006 and 2007.

The only things I will most likely end up selling are 3 of my AK pistols, a CAI/Serb M85, A CAI/Romanian Draco and an Arsenal/Bulgarian SLR-106 Krink type pistol.  I don’t think I miss them since I’ve SBRed my SLR-104 Krink and hoping to SBR one of my two Romanian Draco pistols later this as well.  

I don’t think the market for modern sporting firearms, excluding ARs, is going to soften up anytime soon since Biden is on the fence of pulling some stupid sh!t once he figures out that this current plan on controlling crime is a failure, even before its started and signs some EOs that will be worse than the 1989 EO, signed by Bush, to save face.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Just for shits and giggles I went onto GB to search for AK 74. Com Bloc ones are $3k and PSA ones are $1,500 to $2,000
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I R dum

Attachment Attached File

I always regretted trading my UF version …… I shoulda replaced it sooner but ehh not the end of the world

Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Guns are weird right now

I just sold a Glock Barrel for $350... The hell are people thinking?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmmm... I wonder what Romanian AES10B’s are worth?
View Quote

Back in 2012 I bought two Century AES-10's for... I don't even remember what I paid... MAYBE $600 each?

I sold one of them on Armslist in January for $5800.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
its wild. my $350 romy SAR-1 will be kept,simoly because i cant sell a romy pos for $1500 to someone, and sleep at night after doing so. its not KAC, its a stamped ak.

i cant get over it.
View Quote
Then sell it for $350
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]
lol, Ak's used to mean you were one of the poors, now it's a disgusting display of wealth.

Yay! I'm not one of the poors anymore!
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
lol, Ak's used to mean you were one of the poors, now it's a disgusting display of wealth.

View Quote

Chuckled at this a bit. Spot on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#13]
What would a mint Norinco UF with all the original accessories and original box go for?
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 12:57:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't ever recall thinking that. Especially when you could find S&W and Ruger AR-15s for $400 or so a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't ever recall thinking that. Especially when you could find S&W and Ruger AR-15s for $400 or so a couple years ago.
View Quote

I'm talking a lot longer timeline there youngster.

My first AK cost me $189.00. Paid cash.

My first AR cost me $800.00 and I had to do it on credit card because back in them days there was basically zero chance I had 800 bucks in my pocket.

Only reason it was that cheap is because it was chambered in x39 and nobody else wanted it, all the 5.56 Colts were 1000-1200 bucks, and basically all you had to choose from anyway was Colt or Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:40:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What would a mint Norinco UF with all the original accessories and original box go for?
View Quote

Quick search of Armslist shows a used 7.62 UF going for $2600. For a mint rifle with all the original gear, you could probably ask for a lot more.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm talking a lot longer timeline there youngster.

My first AK cost me $189.00. Paid cash.

My first AR cost me $800.00 and I had to do it on credit card because back in them days there was basically zero chance I had 800 bucks in my pocket.

Only reason it was that cheap is because it was chambered in x39 and nobody else wanted it, all the 5.56 Colts were 1000-1200 bucks, and basically all you had to choose from anyway was Colt or Bushmaster.
View Quote

Thanks! At 43 to be called "youngster" is always a compliment!

I have just never thought of the AK as a "poor person" firearm. Most people put additional money into them to bring them up to modern spec anyway (adding lights, optics, etc).
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quick search of Armslist shows a used 7.62 UF going for $2600. For a mint rifle with all the original gear, you could probably ask for a lot more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info..........
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#20]
What is a new in the box Zastava NPAP DF underfolder going for these days?  

...asking for a friend
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#21]
I got a wild hair to pick up an ak74 , as I have never owned one. Yeah….. definitely waiting on that now considering the prices.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#22]
The only AK I really want at this point is an FB Mini Beryl to get SBR'd.

Price wise it's not terrible.

Link Posted: 6/28/2021 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Im down to a few myself and I rarely shoot them anymore. Have to think about it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I just went thru and updated a list I made a year or two ago of most of my stuff- lots of AK, FAL, AR, and kits for the first two.  Gonna insure everything just in case....so needed current values.

Fuck me.  Prices are thru the roof.  Looking at average Gunbroker prices for sold auctions on similar stuff.  

I don’t own any US made AK’s at all- mostly chinese, Romanian, Bulgarian, etc.  Who knew a MAK-90 would be worth so much?  Well technically I do own a bunch of US made ones that I built up.  I have more kits, but damn, with prices this high I am not sure I want to build any of them myself- maybe have a real pro do it instead.  I mean an original Tantal, or a E.G. PLO captured kit, or a new AMD-63 kit....Bulg -74 kits..etc.  All with OEM barrels.  Who wants to mess up a kit that I might instead sell for 2-3k?  At the same time, I have the equipment to build them, parkerize them, etc, so who wants to pay a builder?  I mean their rivets will look nicer of course, resale value will be more.  But geez, I don’t know what to do here.

Hell a couple years ago I gave (gave!) my son an unfired Bulgarian -74 kit (OEM barrel) with sidefolder and DCI receiver.  We built it all up.  Then looked at kit prices afterwards....  and it has not gotten better since then.

Yeah that insurance is going to cost a lot due to the overall total being enough to buy a house.  Guess that stuff was a good investment.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like prices are coming down. Kits, Ammo, Rifles on the secondary market, even a few new-production rifles are going down..

And I am not one to gloat about being right, but I hope all of you doom-and-gloomers take something away from all this and realize you shouldn't buy during the height of a panic.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The most basic tenet of capitalism is voluntary mutual exchange: a voluntary seller and a voluntary buyer making an exchange at a mutually agreed upon price.

That basic reality of our economic system interrupts your sleep??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
its wild. my $350 romy SAR-1 will be kept,simoly because i cant sell a romy pos for $1500 to someone, and sleep at night after doing so. its not KAC, its a stamped ak.

i cant get over it.

The most basic tenet of capitalism is voluntary mutual exchange: a voluntary seller and a voluntary buyer making an exchange at a mutually agreed upon price.

That basic reality of our economic system interrupts your sleep??

Not so much , speaking for myself. But there is good feeling knowing your not part of a "panic" priceing scenario. I tend to trade for fair value vs retard  gouging
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like prices are coming down. Kits, Ammo, Rifles on the secondary market, even a few new-production rifles are going down..

And I am not one to gloat about being right, but I hope all of you doom-and-gloomers take something away from all this and realize you shouldn't buy during the height of a panic.
View Quote

Quoted for TRUTH!
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted for TRUTH!
View Quote

There is an old Chinese saying: "If you sit by the river long enough, the body of your enemy will go floating by".

My enemy is high prices, I guess...
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#29]
EE is not a good place to find deals
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
robski....yeahhh i dunno about that guy.. i bought an AK-V....$980 pistol...it was so terrible that i actually got a refund the second time i sent it back. soft parts, bad design, battered itself to pieces in 450rnds. my KP9 had a crooked fsb, that was fixed in 10min with head a wood block and a hammer. everything else is really reminiscent of russian stuff. and its $999. ome of few that i am ok with paying for. i await their 5.45 offerings. i feel they will be the best bang/buck for new stuff.

the PSA ak's feature everything i want in an AK....except tough metals and durability. gonna totally agree with GTs -74 review. 5.45  ones need work. ------which is my point...$1500 street price for an Ak That doesnt hold up? might as well get a vast rcvr pioneer arms for way less.  ive bumped cases of ammo through my SAR-1 and my front trunion has ZERO rollover, peening, etc. its from 2001. ive tried to make it stop. the only good thing about some noob paying $1300 for a romy is it WILL work for the 30k rnds it was meat to go for.
View Quote

What is this "GTs" review?  What does "GT" stand for?
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:31:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What is this "GTs" review?  What does "GT" stand for?
View Quote

What he asked.  Hey, that "he" is me! But what is "GT"?
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#32]
They are rereferring to the YouTuber Garand Thumb who did a video on the PSA74.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM8pFGdZ_-Q
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
EE is not a good place to find deals
View Quote

Not true at all, i've gotten some great deals over the years, hell I got a WASR I paid 500 bucks shipped with sling, bayo, and 5 mags (3 were even yugos). That same WASR is probably worth 1500 bucks now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

One for sale on GB right now for $2499

I'm not selling mine but I was curious too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm... I wonder what Romanian AES10B’s are worth?

One for sale on GB right now for $2499

I'm not selling mine but I was curious too

Damn!
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just for shits and giggles I went onto GB to search for AK 74. Com Bloc ones are $3k and PSA ones are $1,500 to $2,000
View Quote

Yeah more like "$3000+" for a proper SGL-31 or SLR-104FR

That is approaching friggin SG-55x territory (I mean if you are gonna spend Gucci money, get the Gucci AK)
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#36]
If PSA can get it in high gear, and crank out a high quality product, I’ll be happy as can be. Then, all these purist collectors can take their Russian/Chinese/Polish stuff and cram it. Saw a $4k converted saiga the other day and wanted to throw up. For that kind of money, I’ll keep using ar’s just for the price and ergos. Love the ak, just not paying a premium for sub-par quality (vska), or have some blow hard on the files give me shit because I put a combo block on a parts kit build. Someone needs to get us a tough, $1000 ak that I can not give a fuck about and give to my son some day.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Every time I see stupid high prices in the exchange I want to post obvious points of fact like:

Why would I pay $2000 for a used Arsenal 106 when Beryls go for 1500 and Zastava M90 $1200

Some of these members think there stuff is made of gold.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Sheeeeeeiiiit,  I'm buying a 10K sqft house when I unload these!

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't believe they're selling though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, a PSAK-74  plum side folder sold on GB a few hours ago for $1200.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#41]
agree with all of it guys. its wild.

if SOME ONE could make a 1k AK-100 series that wasnt soft or shit, in the usa, we would be saved. my kp9 is such an ak, bit obv its 9mm. if you can make that, for 1k.we are close. the weird thing is kusa and others are pumping out fixed trunion ak's......but the kp9 is sidefolding and based of the -74/ak-100 series......so its weird because they COULD make it, They HAVE made all the trunions to do it,  but they must not want to!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Summer of 2011 I bought a really clean Yugo M70AB2 for $450 from a Pawn Shop. Sold it in 2018 for $750. At the time the M70AB2’s had dried up, and I couldn’t believe I was selling a CAI built, used AK for $750 when Arsenal’s were $850 brand new all over Vegas. Looking back now, damn, I should have held onto it a view more years!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Tempted to sell one. Crazy prices.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#44]
You guys are reminiscing about the good old days. I bought 2 Mak-90's for $229 each and then bought a bunch of ammo from a friend who was an FFL and going out of business because he was changing states. I gave $25 a case for all of the x39 ammo he had.  I still have one of the Mak's and unbanned it with Chinese parts from the estate of the former gunsmith for Kengs. I bought a lot of parts and tools from his son.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top