Quoted:
I'm stocked up on 6.5C - should be fun!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA just said they’re planning an SVD in 7.62x54R, 308, and 6.5 creedmoor.

This!! This is exciting
They did estimate two years out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!! This is exciting
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This!! This is exciting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!! This is exciting
I'm in for a 6.5 Creed SVD.

But better hope that Trump gets re-elected.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:02:01 AM EDT
[#6]
So far I'm liking the AK's from PSA.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 4:35:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:15:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have never been more excited to hear anything coming from that company until I heard those words.

Really hoping this is our chance to have a decently priced SVD on the market.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whaaaaat?? Source?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Whaaaaat?? Source?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whaaaaat?? Source?
PSA AK Spiker, AK 103, SVD, AK 74 and more! Shot Show 2020!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#11]
PSA just needs to make a entire line called the SRR. (Short Rifle Ready)

Just make the dang pistol like you have been doing and install the appropriate rear trunon. Have it ready for a stock whether it be fixed, side folding or UF.

Hell it would sale great and they could make money from the stock sales as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
PSA just needs to make a entire line called the SRR. (Short Rifle Ready)

Just make the dang pistol like you have been doing and install the appropriate rear trunon. Have it ready for a stock whether it be fixed, side folding or UF.

Hell it would sale great and they could make money from the stock sales as well.
View Quote
I just ordered the PSAK-P and I'll get the 5.45 Krink when it comes out and they will be SBR'd for sure, I would love a 12.5" version too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Palmetto State Armory AK74 and AKK - SHOT Show 2020
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
HOLY F**************CK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PSA just said they're planning an SVD in 7.62x54R, 308, and 6.5 creedmoor.

HOLY F**************CK
This!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#15]
A 5.56 AK that uses STANAG magazines?! Suck it Arsenal!
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A 5.56 AK that uses STANAG magazines?! Suck it Arsenal!
View Quote
Yep, I would only ever consider an AK in 5.56 if it took AR mags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep me also. Just makes it easier with the mags.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#18]
From a post on the files...

Looks like the ISD "Truck guns" that myself and others here had are coming back as the new Arsenal 74.

No commentary on specs, if it is like last time they will most likely be imported as single stacks and opened up here.

Product page from mfg website:

ISD BG

There is a good bit of speculation that ISD was producing the stamped guns for Arsenal over the past few years (or other subcontractors). I had one of these and ran close to 20k through it with zero issues. Tins of 7n6 at the time were also $120 shipped. I believe I paid $399 for the rifle.

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Looks like the ISD "Truck guns" that myself and others here had are coming back as the new Arsenal 74.

No commentary on specs, if it is like last time they will most likely be imported as single stacks and opened up here.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49436449711_82ee514743_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49436449611_45264356af_b.jpg

ISD BG

There is a good bit of speculation that ISD was producing the stamped guns for Arsenal over the past few years (or other subcontractors). I had one of these and ran close to 20k through it with zero issues. Tins of 7n6 at the time were also $120 shipped. I believe I paid $399 for the rifle.

View Quote
Yup, I remember the ISD 74’s.  They were $399, a great deal at the time.  If I recall correctly they weren’t sold for very long.  I think they were only available for about six months or so, through Tennessee Guns or something like that?

I vaguely remember there might have been some type of import controversy around these at the time.  But I might just be imagining that.  Either way they were great guns.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup, I remember the ISD 74’s.  They were $399, a great deal at the time.  If I recall correctly they weren’t sold for very long.  I think they were only available for about six months or so, through Tennessee Guns or something like that?

I vaguely remember there might have been some type of import controversy around these at the time.  But I might just be imagining that.  Either way they were great guns.
View Quote
Yup, TGI!
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49436449711_82ee514743_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49436449611_45264356af_b.jpg

ISD BG

View Quote
No optic rail, not a deal breaker, but they'd have to be pretty close to WASR money for me to bite.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No optic rail, not a deal breaker, but they'd have to be pretty close to WASR money for me to bite.
View Quote
They’ll easily sell every one of these for $1,299+.  It’s not as if there’s a lot of competition with new, imported 74’s.

Guys will gripe about the price, regardless of what it is.  Then invariably at some point in the future that original selling price will look like a bargain.

Seen this movie several times.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Guys will gripe about the price, regardless of what it is.  Then invariably at some point in the future that original selling price will look like a bargain.
View Quote
Big yup.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe I missed it but did KUSA speak to doing a 5.45 run?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:39:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe I missed it but did KUSA speak to doing a 5.45 run?
View Quote
They said in Ski's video the will do the entire series in this order

5.56- their reason was because 5.56=most popular cartridge in 'merica
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#26]
SHOT announcements are both awesome and worrisome for AK fans:.

Great:

1. mini Beryl pistols. Gem of the show. There's very very few FB Radom AKs in the US, so a completely unmolested FB coming in is awesome. Will buy / SBR.

2. KUSA 103 clone. Ok, the bbl isn't CHF, but it is chrome lined and everything else about the gun appears to be a 1:1 clone of the AK-103. Assuming the reviews are good, will buy.

3. PSA AK74/krink: amped about these, and for the future of the 545 in the USA which is looking a little brighter than it did pre-SHOT. If it's relatively faithful to the 74 in design (engineer in one video said "true clone" soooo...) then I will buy.

4. PSA AKMs with CHF/CL barrels, either in house or FN: this is a big deal because other than tradition/history it's sort of the last big advantage that foreign made AKs have had over American ones. If US made AKs have these as a normal feature in the near future, it would be great for the entire AK market. I love my foreign AKs, but I would also love a very strong US AK market. Not just because of patriotism, but also because it circumvents all of the import regs / bans / BS. Bayo lugs, double stack mag wells, and pistol grips should be standard, not modifications.

5. A future with PSA RPKs... Especially if they make a 545.

6. KNS rear sights: dig it. Not cheap, but I've never liked the idea of adjusting for windage with a front sight. Love em or hate em, the krauts were right when they figured that the human eye / mind naturally likes and aligns things such that they are centered within rings. Great product idea, especially with how many canted sight guns are out there.

Good:

1. The avalanche of 556 AKs. I have no interest, but if these take off, it will grow the AK market which is important to me, so "cool beans".

2  AK-20: ok, the price is stupid high, but continued evolution of the platform is interesting and even if it never comes to market this design may help with that. I like the idea even if this particular offering isn't for me

The OK:

1. The Clone series from PSA, 103 / Spiker: I am not a purist by any means and I would love to buy inexpensive clones. The problem is that PSA is taking it's standard AKM, and slapping 1 or 2 parts on it and calling it a "Klone" of a famous foreign offering that has decidedly non-AKM features. IMO this is a bad strategy and bad for the AK market. Their 103 isn't a 103-1. It's their AKM with a 90 degree gas block and the wrong side folding stock. Their spiker isnt a Type 56 clone, it's just their AKM with a spiker-style bayo assembly. If I have to swap gas tubes or furniture or top covers, to get closer to cloning, no big deal, but if you have to swap trunions or change barrel profiles, and do other major work like that, it's not a clone. I "get" that they want to keep costs down and use similar parts across product lines, but with the clone series you have a perfect opportunity to charge more to get something closer to the real deal. People will pay it. Buyers that just want cheap above anything else will just buy the GF3. Guys buying the clone want a closer approximation of a rifle that is no longer imported, or never was, and that's worth more $.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#27]
no scope rail equals opportunity for me to use some of those UF stocks in my parts bin.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:53:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whoa / that will be crazy
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top