BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
So, dumb question, but is there anything different about the “no cleaning rod” versions other than they simply don’t include a cleaning rod?

It looks like it would be pretty cheap to add one later.

Also, if I were to want one with a folding stock, which is the “one to get”? I know basically nothing about AK-47s.

I’m liking this one:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/blemished-psak-47-gb2-classic-forged-side-folder-polymer-rifle-no-cleaning-rod-black-5165448564b.html
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The side folders are sweet, no doubt.

I picked up my "blem" MOE version last night at my local PSA store. I spent 10 minutes, and I can't find a blem anywhere. It's very, very nice. Hopefully it shoots as well as it looks!
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
For those who may be wondering, the Krebs Mark VI enhanced safety drops right in on the PSAK. A little stiff but it should smooth out with time and use.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Have any PSA AK-47 GB2 owners replaced the gas tube with a UltiMAK M1B AK Forward Optic Mount?

Primary Arms has the UltiMAK M1B on sale for $69.99, and I'm considering adding one to my GB2 if it's an easy install.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, dumb question, but is there anything different about the “no cleaning rod” versions other than they simply don’t include a cleaning rod?

It looks like it would be pretty cheap to add one later.

Also, if I were to want one with a folding stock, which is the “one to get”? I know basically nothing about AK-47s.

I’m liking this one:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/blemished-psak-47-gb2-classic-forged-side-folder-polymer-rifle-no-cleaning-rod-black-5165448564b.html
View Quote
They simply don't include a cleaning rod you can add one later.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I have honestly though about picking up one of these just to add to the collection, After AK Operates You Tube Review and your guys thoughts I think it is going to be one of the next ones to pick up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 5:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have any PSA AK-47 GB2 owners replaced the gas tube with a UltiMAK M1B AK Forward Optic Mount?

Primary Arms has the UltiMAK M1B on sale for $69.99, and I'm considering adding one to my GB2 if it's an easy install.
View Quote
I put one on my PSA AK. Along with a Tapco G2 trigger.
You simply remove the upper gas tube, bolt the ULTIMAK in place, and put on your optic.
I put on a cheap TRS 25 and the combination is working fine for making head hits on a silhouette target at 100 yards benched or standing.
Once the uniqueness wore off it became boring to shoot.
It works, it hits what you're aiming at, and doesn't jam with Golden Tiger hollow points.
ETA I got the ULTIMAK with the vent holes. Also, I torqued the u clamps evenly.
I am also using a quick release that alllows cowitnessing of the sights with the Bushnell TRS25.
https://www.primaryarms.com/arms-unlimited-quick-release-lever-mount-conversion-kit-lmc-btrs
I take an old beat up Romy AK to to a pig roast every year and literally a thousand rounds gets shot out of it.
This past year I took the PSA as well and it had over 20 full mags busted through it by novice shooters.
The RDS came loose a couple of times. I haven't lock-tited the mount because you have to tighten the back side nut to on that quick release to get it tight. (It has to be loose to mount it.) It's a blaster and can-shooter, not a gun I'm going to carry into a SHTF condition.
I'm going to flat out say the PSA AK I have is a great shooter if you have good mags and good ammo. The Melonite finish in the barrel is fantastic for cleaning it. I use foaming cleaners, then air pressure to blow every thing clear.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top