Page / 2
Posted: 10/10/2017 8:16:26 PM EDT
For your perusal

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d87_1507526431

Enjoy
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. Those are AKs

I wouldn't mind playing with that Russkie ATPIAL.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]
to bad we wont get to play with them state side!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm always amazed at the way in which the Russians manage to modernize and breathe new life into that primitive design from the 1940s instead of adopting something entirely new.

Not a criticism of the AK, I love them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, he has practically no accent.

Those young guys behind him are dry-firing the crap out of the rifles.  lol

He used the term "ghost ring"...

This seems really fake to me, like somebody in the midwest dressed up some extras as Russian youth and put up some Russian posters and flags to film this.

But I soooooo do want that grip with toolkit and oil bottle.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Very Nice, but not coming to the USA anytime soon...
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if the gas blocks are adjustable from the looks of them. Also, I NEED that new drum lol.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Magazine looks Magpul....ish....
Not knocking it...I got 4 of the Magpul 74 mags just for consistency in production ..mag spring strength etc...
Still like my Bulgarian and plums..Tantals...etc..
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
That Ak-12 gave me wood...

Shame we will never have them here
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This seems really fake to me, like somebody in the midwest dressed up some extras as Russian youth and put up some Russian posters and flags to film this.

View Quote
There were a couple of them in the equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's a member of the files, he laughed at how many takes it took them for one of his other videos.

Good stuff, those modern accessories are high dollar and even hard to get over there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:55:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
You didn't see the old dude with the Chicago P.D. hat.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm always amazed at the way in which the Russians manage to modernize and breathe new life into that primitive design from the 1940s instead of adopting something entirely new.

View Quote
The Russians will always have their AKs, just like the Americans will have their 1911s. 
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:03:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Guess they didn’t get the memo from L3.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Russians will always have their AKs, just like the Americans will have their 1911s. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With a few exceptions.

The AK is a rifle, the 1911 is a pistol.

The AK is still in service, the 1911 isn’t.

Otherwise an excellent comparison.

Perhaps the AK (and variants) & the M16 (and its variants) would be a tad more comparable?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:08:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting take on a windowed 5.45 mag.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, I thought that too.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wonder if the gas blocks are adjustable from the looks of them. Also, I NEED that new drum lol.
View Quote
At the very least it's some sort of removable plug, may or may not be an adjuster plug. He states that the gas tube is now free floating and can be cleaned through the gas block without removing from the rifle, assuming once that plug is removed.

I've seen this guy in a few other K group videos. My guess is that he has spent some time in the US or went to school here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#19]
That guy is not Russian. Where's the accent? Can't sell Russian weapons if you don't have Russian accent. Someone in their marketing department needs to be sent to Siberia.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He's a member of the files, he laughed at how many takes it took them for one of his other videos.

Good stuff, those modern accessories are high dollar and even hard to get over there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
That guy is not Russian. Where's the accent? Can't sell Russian weapons if you don't have Russian accent. Someone in their marketing department needs to be sent to Siberia.
He sounds pretty fluent to me.

Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Is this going to be standard issue for the Russian army now?
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He sounds pretty fluent to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFbbtzCG6Co
View Quote
I'm pretty sure he's Russian, just from the way he said certain words ("frawnt" for front, "tyoob" for tube) and a lack of definite articles at points ("This is AK-12"). I'd like to know how old he was when he learned English.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I like awesome grandpa in the back showing the little girl how to hold the rifle
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's Russian alright, you can tell that English is a second language to him by a few awkward word usages that give him away and he speaks Russian real well too.

He posts on the Files and he knows his stuff.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
When I visited Tula Cartridge Works in 2001 their interpreter had a distinctly English accent. He took it as a compliment. His English teacher was from London.
He spoke English perfectly......
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#26]
great vid thanks

stock into middle of chest
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
well practiced

he corrected himself a couple times when the ruskie started to come out
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Dude sounds like he's from Indiana.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 1:38:53 AM EDT
[#29]
He doesn't look Russian either. Kind of looks American of Mexican desent to me. Imagine how good their spies must be.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
The dude in the video (me) is Russian, born and raised in Moscow.

I am not trying to undermine your experience, but I've done pretty well selling Russian weapons without Russian accent
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He doesn't look Russian either. Kind of looks American of Mexican desent to me. Imagine how good their spies must be.
View Quote
I am afraid if you actually meet a Russian spy you will be dissapointed
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He's Russian alright, you can tell that English is a second language to him by a few awkward word usages that give him away and he speaks Russian real well too.

He posts on the Files and he knows his stuff.
View Quote
Thanks!

Unfortunately, "knowing my stuff" didn't help me on this forum. My first topic here was locked
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, unfortunately it is not adjustable.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

At the very least it's some sort of removable plug, may or may not be an adjuster plug. He states that the gas tube is now free floating and can be cleaned through the gas block without removing from the rifle, assuming once that plug is removed.

I've seen this guy in a few other K group videos. My guess is that he has spent some time in the US or went to school here.
View Quote
You can remove the plug to clean the gas tube from the front (hello 12 gauge brushes and bore snakes), but the gas system is not adjustable.

I never went to school in the US (I wish). Visited a few times, enjoyed Grand Canyon and New York skyscrapers, but never stayed more than two weeks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Big difference "from knowing your stuff" and using this site to drive clicks when you are not a paid advertiser.
View Quote
Dear Sir!

The last thing I want to do is to argue with the moderator.
But those videos are only availible on one website (company's policy). I wish I coud give a youtube link, but there is none.

I don't want to violate any rules, but I don't really see what I can do in this case if I want to share this content.

Sorry for going off the topic.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is this going to be standard issue for the Russian army now?
View Quote
Not for another few years.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, some people did, I even wrote an article in Russian about my disdain towards EOTechs, but some of our people just LOVE their EOtechs.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

One would think adjustability would be a good feature for Kalashnikov users that run suppressed.
View Quote
Exactly. But try to explain that to army officials who write the RFPs for the weapons...

A few years ago one company had to completely redesign an innovative flashider, because Russian army officials were concerned that soldiers would't be able to mount standard AK bayonet on it
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dear Sir!

The last thing I want to do is to argue with the moderator.
But those videos are only availible on one website (company's policy). I wish I coud give a youtube link, but there is none.

I don't want to violate any rules, but I don't really see what I can do in this case if I want to share this content.

Sorry for going off the topic.
View Quote
Glad to see you weren't scared off by the locked thread. The only issue I had with the video is that it took forever for it to fully load (same with all of the other ones on the site). Look forward to any insight you might have from an insider's perspective in the future.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am afraid if you actually meet a Russian spy you will be dissapointed
View Quote
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you my friend!

Pic removed.
Very lovely lady but pic is off topic for a tech forum. dryflash3
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#46]
They've been watching us mod our AK's !!! Not really interested in the newer ones but I really do want that 95 round 5.45 drum !!!! Didn't Russia just sign a deal to have AK's made in Saudi Arabia or Egypt to bypass restrictions ?
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Pic removed.
View Quote
That is exactly what I meant. I actually wanted to use her as a reference. Her looks are stunning, no doubt, but Russian accent is very prominent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBb2UvNSLG4
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They've been watching us mod our AK's !!! Not really interested in the newer ones but I really do want that 95 round 5.45 drum !!!! Didn't Russia just sign a deal to have AK's made in Saudi Arabia or Egypt to bypass restrictions ?
View Quote
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1172846/saudi-arabia
Yes, the deal was signed recently, but unfortunately it has nothing to do with bypassing restrictions. Just politics and the fact that AK 103 is, in fact, a great weapon.

Maybe SA will eventually decide to export AKs to the US market, but for some reason they didn't do it with G3, MP5 and G36 in the last 30 years.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That is exactly what I meant. I actually wanted to use her as a reference. Her looks are stunning, no doubt, but Russian accent is very prominent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBb2UvNSLG4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pic removed.
Whoa, I played right into your hands. Checkmate!
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#50]
I believe they just have licenses to manufacture the rifles for their own use, no exports.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top