Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2017 9:11:32 PM EDT
I can count at least 2 times now where they pushed this lie to drive up sales.  Is it going to be an annual thing?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#1]
  What Lie???

https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/sm0114.aspx

Molot-Oruzhie, OOO manufactures ordnance and accessories and is located in the Russian Federation.  In 2016, previously-designated Kalashnikov Concern advised a foreign company to use Molot-Oruzhie, OOO to falsify invoices in order to circumvent U.S. and EU sanctions.  Molot-Oruzhie is being designated for operating in the arms or related material sector of the Russian Federation and for acting or purporting to act for on behalf of, directly or indirectly, Kalashnikov Concern.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
As said above. I don't believe there is a lie but why is it you believe that?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I also am curious why you think the treasury department is colluding with Molot to drive up their sales.

On a related note, this guy came in my church two weeks ago and told us all the world was ending that day, and the government was hiding a giant "red dragon" planet in our skies by camouflaging it where we can't see it.  So, yeah.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
They have been saying that for years, but obviously there is a workaround
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have been saying that for years, but obviously there is a workaround
View Quote
I don't think it's even been a year yet. What was already on the water and waiting for release are what is being replenished, afaik.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't think it's even been a year yet. What was already on the water and waiting for release are what is being replenished, afaik.
View Quote
First one was in 2015.  All the retailers were claiming there was one last shipment and they are gone.  Prices hit $1300+ for VEPR12s, today you can still get them for $799
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

First one was in 2015.  All the retailers were claiming there was one last shipment and they are gone.  Prices hit $1300+ for VEPR12s, today you can still get them for $799
View Quote
That was because at the time Izhmash had been sanctioned and Saigas became banned. Everyone freaked out and assumed VEPRs were affected as well, until they realized that Molot was a separate company and wasn't named in the sanctions.

This year, Molot was named, thereby officially stopping any further VEPR imports.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That was because at the time Izhmash had been sanctioned and Saigas became banned. Everyone freaked out and assumed VEPRs were affected as well, until they realized that Molot was a separate company and wasn't named in the sanctions.

This year, Molot was named, thereby officially stopping any further VEPR imports.
View Quote
This.

OP remember Molot's were barred from import last year. Trump won and thus firearm purchases have been slow (see the gun manufacturers closing doors and laying off people). As others said, when you add the guns that were here waiting to get distributed and the ones that were barely arriving, then add in a slow gun purchase market and that equals to VEPRs still being available.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top