Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2017 11:00:15 AM EDT
im not very familiar with ak,i have guy wanting to trade me for a rifle i have for sale.he has a saiga 7.62x39 ak unfired.are these typically good running guns?also,any idea towards the value?..the gun is new,unfired
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
im not very familiar with ak,i have guy wanting to trade me for a rifle i have for sale.he has a saiga 7.62x39 ak unfired.are these typically good running guns?also,any idea towards the value?..the gun is new,unfired
View Quote
I'm no AK pro either, but I have three of them. First of all, they were imports from Russia, made in the Izhmash factory in Russia, (where they manufacture most of the Russian military AKs). There were imported into the US as a sporting rifle with a basic hunting rifle stock, hand-guard (no pistol-grip) and typically a 10 round polymer mag, made especially for the Saiga rifle. They were sort of a AK/civilian hunting rifle hybrid. They were actually manufactured so they could be fairly easily converted to the AKM or AK100 traditional style. Of course, you'd have some additional holes in the receiver left over, after the conversion, and most individuals just use a black, nylon hole plug to fill the extra holes.

Some of the more extensive, professional conversions welded up the extra holes and then file the receiver smooth and refinish.

They are/were (?) used in many of the Arsenal built AKs; but since the sanctions on imports from Russia, not sure what they are doing now.

In my view, they are among the best built, toughest and most durable AK variants on the market. They are slightly different from the more traditional AK variants, (have a special mag, unless a bullet guide is installed and the mag catch/release filed down slightly) but still an excellent version of the AK style rifle. Fit and finish, and rivet installation is excellent. 

Hope this helps and good luck!!    
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Repost in the tacked thread for AK values at the top
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top