AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 34
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@FlyLeaf
I got it

Everything looks good, action is smooth like butter, rear sight is fine, front sight has a small bit of cant 1* or less but sight picture is perfect. The barrel nut is tack welded but one can easily see threads. 1 double stack magazine came with it marked made in Hungary. Bolt shares same serial number as the receiver.

Cannot wait to shoot it!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@FlyLeaf
I got it

Everything looks good, action is smooth like butter, rear sight is fine, front sight has a small bit of cant 1* or less but sight picture is perfect. The barrel nut is tack welded but one can easily see threads. 1 double stack magazine came with it marked made in Hungary. Bolt shares same serial number as the receiver.

Cannot wait to shoot it!

Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm planning on it. The guy lives an hour away. Going to try tomorrow. I'm excited
Awesome.

Just check it out to make sure everything is straight. Sights (front and rear),gas piston is straight as it goes into gas block,bore looks good,and no binding with the action.
Congrats,glad everything is good with it.

What kind of wood/polymer stock,HG's,grip you going to go with? You might need a standard pistol grip bolt,some of those grip bolts with those ban stocks are too short

If you shoot it with the factory FCG im curious how bad the trigger slap is on bare fingers.

I think everyone will like to see it when that crap stock is tossed.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Norinco 56S-1 Underfolder

Nunderfolder - 1 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Nunderfolder - 2 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Nunderfolder - 6 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Nunderfolder - 7 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Nunderfolder - 13 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Nunderfolder - 20 by D Hansen, on Flickr

This is the cleanest, most nicely finished AK I've encountered.  The bluing is unbelievable.

I can provide more photos if that helps.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice early Norinco import.

The Chinese do some nice bluing for sure.

The pistol grip isnt original,it should have a non checkered slim Chu wood grip.The grip thats on it is a Chinese Polytech "fat" grip and is a correct replacement for the thinner grip Doesnt affect the value any to which one is on there.

Im assuming no box,bayonet,and other extras?

As is $1500-1800

Box with serial number that matches the rifle with the styrofoam insert,manual,mags,oil bottle,gas tube scraper,bayonet,and sling- $2000-2200

Higher end prices are for gunbroker.Personally i wouldnt let it go for less than $1600 with no extras and no less than $2000 with box,etc

Thanks for sharing the sweet chicom

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome looking rifle, and I just bought one almost exactly like that one.  Mine is a blue bolt Sile import but it's marked in the rear and reads 56s-1.

This is my first pre ban chicom, but mine too is a truly beautifully finished rifle.

Thank you Flyleaf for the knowledge in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Awesome looking rifle, and I just bought one almost exactly like that one.  Mine is a blue bolt Sile import but it's marked in the rear and reads 56s-1.

This is my first pre ban chicom, but mine too is a truly beautifully finished rifle.

Thank you Flyleaf for the knowledge in this thread.
View Quote
Your welcome.

Yours in the same condition should be the same price as Hanz's rifle.The more extras you have the higher it will go as collectors want the entire package as offered in the pre ban days

Values go up and go down with the market demand and political climates.

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The pistol grip isnt original,it should have a non checkered slim Chu wood grip.The grip thats on it is a Chinese Polytech "fat" grip and is a correct replacement for the thinner grip Doesnt affect the value any to which one is on there.

As is $1500-1800

Box with serial number that matches the rifle with the styrofoam insert,manual,mags,oil bottle,gas tube scraper,bayonet,and sling- $2000-2200

Higher end prices are for gunbroker.Personally i wouldnt let it go for less than $1600 with no extras and no less than $2000 with box,etc

View Quote
Thanks.  
Yeah, no box and other accessories.  
I have to get some more lighting for better photos.  This is dreamy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As is $1500-1800

Thanks.  
Your welcome,enjoy the rifle

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey everyone-

Sorry for no picture, but what would be the going price for a Clayco non-folder that is 98%? ...

Thanks
Ozi
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey everyone-

Sorry for no picture, but what would be the going price for a Clayco non-folder that is 98%? ...

Thanks
Ozi
View Quote
Rifle only no box,etc in 98% condition-  $1800-2200

Original Box,etc- $2200-2500
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Bulgarian SLR-101S that was purchased new in 2012. Roughly 700 rounds down the tube.

I have added an Ultimak M1-B rail and PA red dot, both are included in the sale. I do have the original gas tube.

The rifle is in great shape except for some burnt off finish on the FSB - I added heat to drift a stuck sight post.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bulgarian SLR-101S that was purchased new in 2012. Roughly 700 rounds down the tube.

I have added an Ultimak M1-B rail and PA red dot, both are included in the sale. I do have the original gas tube.

The rifle is in great shape except for some burnt off finish on the FSB - I added heat to drift a stuck sight post.

https://i.imgur.com/02nyCCK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uurPqXp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2gUGAUN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yT4beTB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cdI7oKu.jpg
View Quote
$1000-1200 with the extras included.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Needing some help finding out what this rifle is worth. Vector Arms Underfolder AK with about 100 rounds through it in very good condition. Having a hard time getting some info on it. Thanks in advance to everyone!!

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Its an early Vector build. The ITM Arms receivers wee the first ones used in most build for any AK kits back in the early days before NoDak and the other AK receivers were used in builds.

The Vector builds are of good quality and used original Polish parts kits with original barrels.Looks like someone at some point removed the Polish hand guards and grip.

These are usually pretty sought after builds,not rare or worth big bucks but good quality built AK's that run well.

Value should be $750-900 Rifle will get more interest and maybe a bit better price if you put Polish laminated hand guards back on and a nice grip

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#14]
how about an approx on an unfired B-West in the 900 watt range
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Need more info.

Is it a Norinco marked but B-West importer? Or is it a B-West USA receiver and not marked Norinco?

7.62x39 or 223?  Spiker,underfolder,fixed stock?

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Its an early Vector build. The ITM Arms receivers wee the first ones used in most build for any AK kits back in the early days before NoDak and the other AK receivers were used in builds.

The Vector builds are of good quality and used original Polish parts kits with original barrels.Looks like someone at some point removed the Polish hand guards and grip.

These are usually pretty sought after builds,not rare or worth big bucks but good quality built AK's that run well.

Value should be $750-900 Rifle will get more interest and maybe a bit better price if you put Polish laminated hand guards back on and a nice grip

Hope this helps
View Quote
It does, thanks. I've had this for a long time and this is just how it came new but honestly, I don't remember where we picked them up from. My brothers and I all bought one each (really pisses the wives off) and they are all the same. I'm not a big guy and honestly, the length of pull is just a little long for my liking. Almost everything I have has an adjustable stock on it. On the few mags that have run through it, it has been flawless and has a pretty decent trigger for an AK. I really appreciate the knowledge!
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Need more info.

Is it a Norinco marked but B-West importer? Or is it a B-West USA receiver and not marked Norinco?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need more info.

BW USA, fixed stock  762x39

I can dig it out of safe tomorrow and get some pics if that helps
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It does, thanks. I've had this for a long time and this is just how it came new but honestly, I don't remember where we picked them up from. My brothers and I all bought one each (really pisses the wives off) and they are all the same. I'm not a big guy and honestly, the length of pull is just a little long for my liking. Almost everything I have has an adjustable stock on it. On the few mags that have run through it, it has been flawless and has a pretty decent trigger for an AK. I really appreciate the knowledge!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps
Anything is possible on the hand guards and grip.

Your welcome,glad to help out
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need more info.

The B-West USA receivers are well known to not have been heat treated which includes the rails,ejector,etc.

They were made from Chinese demilled kits and pretty much built without much thought to using a quality receiver.I have seen some abused just to see how long they would last and some held up pretty good while others gave up the ghost after a few thousand rounds

I would suggest looking them up on google to get the full rundown so you can see what i mean.They will shoot fine but have a very short lifespan due to the receivers not being heat treated.
The FCG pins will start to egg out into the receiver and the ejector will crack or chip over time.Receiver rails will split and fail.

Almost every one of the i have ever seen will sell for 60-70% of what a Norinco imported rifle of the same model will sell for.

Most AK guys will just steer clear of the USA B-West AK's period unless they want to use it as a kit gun and toss the receiver or if a newbie buys it not knowing any better about the receiver issues

NIB its probably worth @$800-900  I have seen the bakelite side folder USA B-West sell for less than $1000 and those are pretty rare as most just want the stock and bakelite parts.

You might get more for it but thats probably what to expect out of it.Look at it as a high dollar AK kit instead of a complete rifle price wise.Gunbroker or a private sale will net the best price

Not what you wanted to hear but it is what it is
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The B-West USA receivers are well known to not have been heat treated which includes the rails,ejector,etc.

They were made from Chinese demilled kits and pretty much built without much thought to using a quality receiver.I have seen some abused just to see how long they would last and some held up pretty good while others gave up the ghost after a few thousand rounds

I would suggest looking them up on google to get the full rundown so you can see what i mean.They will shoot fine but have a very short lifespan due to the receivers not being heat treated.
The FCG pins will start to egg out into the receiver and the ejector will crack or chip over time.Receiver rails will split and fail.

Almost every one of the i have ever seen will sell for 60-70% of what a Norinco imported rifle of the same model will sell for.

Most AK guys will just steer clear of the USA B-West AK's period unless they want to use it as a kit gun and toss the receiver or if a newbie buys it not knowing any better about the receiver issues

NIB its probably worth @$800-900  I have seen the bakelite side folder USA B-West sell for less than $1000 and those are pretty rare as most just want the stock and bakelite parts.

You might get more for it but thats probably what to expect out of it.Look at it as a high dollar AK kit instead of a complete rifle price wise.Gunbroker or a private sale will net the best price

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need more info.

well it is NIB but without the box I bought it years ago, so your 8-900 estimate is well above what I paid for it so good news there!

I knew it was a Chinese parts and about the receiver heat treat issue and that the receivers were also made by an unlicensed machine shop contracted by B-West some kinda shady shit there and ATF got involved

my thought was to scrap the receiver find an AK smith have it rebuilt on another receiver but never got around to it and it just sits in the safe

I got another crappy one if you wanna tell me about it, its a Romanian

Thank you for your time info and knowledge!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
well it is NIB but without the box I bought it years ago, so your 8-900 estimate is well above what I paid for it so good news there!

I knew it was a Chinese parts and about the receiver heat treat issue and that the receivers were also made by an unlicensed machine shop contracted by B-West some kinda shady shit there and ATF got involved

my thought was to scrap the receiver find an AK smith have it rebuilt on another receiver but never got around to it and it just sits in the safe

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need more info.

Your welcome,glad to help out.

Well you did good if you got it for less than $800-900

If you want a Chinese receiver Matt Yeamans makes a Chinese receiver and can do the work as well.

https://mygunsnorthwest.com/parts-and-services.html

Lets hear about the Romanian and some pics to help out and i'll do my best to see what you have

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the link I may look into that

the Romanian it originally came with a laminated thumb hole stock but that looked awful, I bought this many years ago and I think I paid about 300-325 for it

it was one of those single stack 10's so I did the 'ol WECSOGS with a dremel so it can accept the 40's also ground the little spot wield and put on a slant FS

and for fun heres the B-West

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks for the link I may look into that

the Romanian it originally came with a laminated thumb hole stock but that looked awful, I bought this many years ago and I think I paid about 300-325 for it

https://i.imgur.com/qwMPMdhl.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/vIpE0NNl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UAcArwFl.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/Stifrz9l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/qkEmdoXl.jpg

it was one of those single stack 10's so I did the 'ol WECSOGS with a dremel so it can accept the 40's also ground the little spot wield and put on a slant FS

https://i.imgur.com/AWhOzK3l.jpg

and for fun heres the B-West

https://i.imgur.com/0ntqivMl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/M4CAZmOl.jpg
View Quote
He sells the Chinese receivers on gunbroker as well.

The Romanian is just a standard WASR with a Hungarian Grip and not so sure what the rear stock came off of,maybe Hungarian.Matches so it looks good.

WASR $475-500 as is

Yeah the B-West is still a solid $800. It is possible to part it out and maybe come out pretty good.

The grip,HG's and rear stock alone is worth $275-350

FCG-$40

Rifle sold without the above parts- $350-400 minus receiver or $450-475 with receiver and none of the parts listed above.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:52:12 PM EDT
[#24]
This was from my father, he did shoot it once. From a Gun show in the 90's, probably in Ventura CA. Was sold as a MAK-90.
Looking for a value, I've read all I can find about it on the interwebs, so I have an idea about its (assumed/supposed) history.
Interesting tidbits:
MAADI ARM receiver
matching number Chinese parts kit.
Barrel threads removed, and covered by brazed cap on front site base.
pinned barrel with sleeve, as the Chinese barrel is smaller than the Euro(?) trunnion.
Nice double hook trigger, looks like full auto disco (with tail).
Rear of receiver is slightly trimmed, but not full slant-back.
I have the original thumbhole stock.
Barrel bore looks new.
I pulled the site base off to see if the threads were there. Sights are NOT canted, and the magpul mag is the only AK mag i have, but it works.
https://ibb.co/album/gwOY0a

link to album having issues with the images.

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This was from my father, he did shoot it once. From a Gun show in the 90's, probably in Ventura CA. Was sold as a MAK-90.
Looking for a value, I've read all I can find about it on the interwebs, so I have an idea about its (assumed/supposed) history.
Interesting tidbits:
MAADI ARM receiver
matching number Chinese parts kit.
Barrel threads removed, and covered by brazed cap on front site base.
pinned barrel with sleeve, as the Chinese barrel is smaller than the Euro(?) trunnion.
Nice double hook trigger, looks like full auto disco (with tail).
Rear of receiver is slightly trimmed, but not full slant-back.
I have the original thumbhole stock.
Barrel bore looks new.
I pulled the site base off to see if the threads were there. Sights are NOT canted, and the magpul mag is the only AK mag i have, but it works.
https://ibb.co/album/gwOY0a

link to album having issues with the images.
https://i.ibb.co/1JxzTYK/thumbn3ail1.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/nw265wm/khjgjhg.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/185qjMD/65465132.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/LzfNmC3/thumbnail1.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/199XYKZ/thumbnail.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/LnMB10f/thum1bnail.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/1zn1ffj/thumbn2ail.jpg
View Quote
You are correct about the info on this.They are not very desirable due to the fact they are sort of a Franken gun when built.Most of these were thrown together from parts kits.

The Chinese hand guards and rear stock are worth about $200 alone.

Pretty much the entire rifle is about $500-600 as is. Might make more on it by parting out the wood as the rear stock Chinese wont fit correctly as you can see due to the thicker wood due to Chinese receivers using a 1.5mm thick receiver vs a standard receiver 1mm thickness.

I would put on a cheap rear stock and hand guards,sell the Chinese for $200 and then sell the rifle for $500,that is if you wanted to sell it

That would be the most bang for your buck on this.Hope this helps
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#26]
The original stock is the thumb-hole unit, the one this rifle is wearing is probably not Chinese as it fits the 1mm Eqyptian receiver. So, that thumb-hole buttstock can't be worth very much, right? Nor the one in its current configuration?
The most likely story is this is a caught-up import that may have been stuck in customs, as it does not has the dreaded MISR markings, and got reconfigured for an import ban. The later ones got marked MISR-90.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The original stock is the thumb-hole unit, the one this rifle is wearing is probably not Chinese as it fits the 1mm Eqyptian receiver. So, that thumb-hole buttstock can't be worth very much, right? Nor the one in its current configuration?
The most likely story is this is a caught-up import that may have been stuck in customs, as it does not has the dreaded MISR markings, and got reconfigured for an import ban. The later ones got marked MISR-90.
View Quote
The rear stock that is on it isnt fitting properly snug against the receiver and it looks to be Chinese.Im willing to bet its Chinese and someone filed the wood down to try to get it to fit.There shouldnt be a gap like that.If the wood has been filed down and its Chinese the value is gone.

The HG's are Chinese as is the gas tube and sling.

The thumbhole stock is pretty much worthless but is Chinese.Maybe $20-30
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Norinco 5.56x45 thumbhole.  Welded muzzle cap - not a brake.

Overall about 80% condition.

No box, no mags . Do these use the same mags as a Type 84?

Nor556x45 - 1 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Nor556x45 - 2 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Nor556x45 - 3 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#29]
My MAK-90 that I bought in the early 90's, have no clue what I paid for it.  Got rid of the useless (to me) wooden thumb hole stock and replaced it with a (Poly Tech) fiberglas stock.  The wooden one has long been turned into firewood.

Serial numbers match, bore is clean and bright and there's no rust except for a tiny bit near the front of the barrel sling attachment point (see pic).

LMK what you think, thanks.

Thaks for looking!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Norinco 5.56x45 thumbhole.  Welded muzzle cap - not a brake.

Overall about 80% condition.

No box, no mags . Do these use the same mags as a Type 84?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4847/45380282705_f7291b0e3d_b.jpgNor556x45 - 1 by D Hansen, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4915/45569538104_8d15ff87a6_b.jpgNor556x45 - 2 by D Hansen, on Flickr

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4853/45380282515_0204ed9f10_b.jpgNor556x45 - 3 by D Hansen, on Flickr

Thanks
View Quote
Not sure on the mags working from the 84 on these or not

The mags i know that will work are the Norinco 223 mags which are VERY hard to find and VERY expensive when you do find them.

Do not mix up buying Polytech 223 mags as they are NOT compatible with the Norinco 223 rifles and vice versa.

Rifle as is $700-800 More towards the lower end of that estimate

Mag availability and 223 AK's  are not very popular and dont get many interested buyers because of this.The newer 223 AK's are a little more sought after only because of the ease of buying easier to find mags and parts.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My MAK-90 that I bought in the early 90's, have no clue what I paid for it.  Got rid of the useless (to me) wooden thumb hole stock and replaced it with a (Poly Tech) fiberglas stock.  The wooden one has long been turned into firewood.

Serial numbers match, bore is clean and bright and there's no rust except for a tiny bit near the front of the barrel sling attachment point (see pic).

LMK what you think, thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/PXeFsoG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ejSgxFc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eEL7TVW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/DCzs4Uh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/E5dlNn1.jpg

Thaks for looking!
View Quote
This is a Polytech legend under folder that got caught up in the 90's ban.It will have a slanted end cut receiver which can be fitted to a regular style wood AK stock from Ironwoods designs online if you wanted to go that route.

These are very smooth excellent action shooters.I have had 3-4 over the years and all have been built like a tank with the milled receiver and A+ Chinese FCG.

As is its worth- $900-1100 with the higher end on gunbroker. Put ironwood rear stock on it and a Chinese wood grip along with a matching Chinese HG and it would be $1000-1300

Here is a National match Mak 91 which is the same thing just a longer barrel as the one you have which i did the ironwood rear stock,Chinese grip, and Chinese HG's to give you an idea how it can look.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Man you really know your stuff FlyLeaf.    I really enjoy learning about everyone's rifles because of the history you give on them besides just giving a value.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This is a Polytech legend under folder that got caught up in the 90's ban.It will have a slanted end cut receiver which can be fitted to a regular style wood AK stock from Ironwoods designs online if you wanted to go that route.

These are very smooth excellent action shooters.I have had 3-4 over the years and all have been built like a tank with the milled receiver and A+ Chinese FCG.

As is its worth- $900-1100 with the higher end on gunbroker. Put ironwood rear stock on it and a Chinese wood grip along with a matching Chinese HG and it would be $1000-1300

Here is a National match Mak 91 which is the same thing just a longer barrel as the one you have which i did the ironwood rear stock,Chinese grip, and Chinese HG's to give you an idea how it can look.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/230954/20170615_195152_jpg-771084.JPG
View Quote

Is the Polytech stock illegal now?  Am I at risk here?

Ironwood = ~$300, prolly not going to happen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Man you really know your stuff FlyLeaf.    I really enjoy learning about everyone's rifles because of the history you give on them besides just giving a value.
View Quote
Thanks,much appreciated.

I don't claim to know everything,always something to learn about AK's as there are so many variants out there that was produced its mind boggling sometimes.Models can and will change from different importers and years they were offered.Some are good and some not so good.

I figure most guys would like to know a little about their rifle along with the approx value.Im sure it helps if they decide to sell or if other forum members check the thread with similar rifles.

Glad you enjoy the posts and thread as much as i do replying to them.

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/230954/20170615_195152_jpg-771084.JPG

Keep it 922r which will be legal.

The Ironwood rear stock alone is what i would buy, can be bought for $95-110

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/mak-milled-custom.html

You can buy a grip and hand guards for around $50 each and have @$200 in the stock if you shop around.You would also need a standard length pistol grip bolt.The one you have now is too short and is only good on the thumbhole stocks.

Or leave it as is and enjoy.I prefer the traditional wood/steel classic AK look but thats just me.It will shoot the same as is,just gave you an option in case you wanted that look
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#37]
What would the value be of a post 86 dealer sample factory FEG AMP-69? All numbers matching except the optic. Looks to be in excellent condition.

Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Now that is a really cool rifle.

I really have no clue what a post sample would be worth.Sorry i dont want to give value on something i know little about

Can't even give you a ballpark figure,maybe someone else here can help out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not sure on the mags working from the 84 on these or not

The mags i know that will work are the Norinco 223 mags which are VERY hard to find and VERY expensive when you do find them.

Do not mix up buying Polytech 223 mags as they are NOT compatible with the Norinco 223 rifles and vice versa.

Rifle as is $700-800 More towards the lower end of that estimate

Mag availability and 223 AK's  are not very popular and dont get many interested buyers because of this.The newer 223 AK's are a little more sought after only because of the ease of buying easier to find mags and parts.
View Quote
Cool.
Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#40]
FlyLeaf, you'll be proud of me for this steal. Got this IA CO Norinco Type 56s, along with a Chinese black bakelite bayonet, 2 Chinese 40 round flatbacks, a 30 round flatback, and 50 Chinese copper washed 7.62 rounds for $1,000!! So I have about $825+/- in the rifle itself. It looks close to new. No flaws, rust, etc. All matching. Serial number is 413***. I'm not looking to turn a profit. I'm just curious as to how much it's worth. This one will be going to my daughter when she's old enough:) By the way, in my defense, I did make sure the guy knew it was a preban, and he knew he could get more for it. He just didn't want to hassle with selling it when I had the cash in hand. Just some nice older gentleman that was liquidating his collection.
Thanks!

One on the left:

Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a couple of AK's that I would like to know the value of. Up first is my Norinco Type 56S-1 underfolder. It has seen use for sure, it's not a pristine example. Sorry for the crappy pics, i'm definitely not a photographer. I may try to take some more pics in better lighting. I just realized how bad the overall pics look.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is my other AK, it is a DDI built gun and the receiver is a milled Type 3 receiver built by DDI. I believer this was built on a Bulgarian parts kit and the furniture is bakelite. Again, sorry for the shitty pics, I really should learn how to take better pictures.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
FlyLeaf, you'll be proud of me for this steal. Got this IA CO Norinco Type 56s, along with a Chinese black bakelite bayonet, 2 Chinese 40 round flatbacks, a 30 round flatback, and 50 Chinese copper washed 7.62 rounds for $1,000!! So I have about $825+/- in the rifle itself. It looks close to new. No flaws, rust, etc. All matching. Serial number is 413***. I'm not looking to turn a profit. I'm just curious as to how much it's worth. This one will be going to my daughter when she's old enough:) By the way, in my defense, I did make sure the guy knew it was a preban, and he knew he could get more for it. He just didn't want to hassle with selling it when I had the cash in hand. Just some nice older gentleman that was liquidating his collection.
Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/1Ze2vTo.jpg

One on the left:

https://i.imgur.com/o2oihF8.jpg
View Quote
Thats a beauty Crogers23

Just the rifle in that condition which is rare $1500-1700 on gunbroker

The original box would add $100-300 to that.Unfired in original box $2000-2300

Nice find
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have a couple of AK's that I would like to know the value of. Up first is my Norinco Type 56S-1 underfolder. It has seen use for sure, it's not a pristine example. Sorry for the crappy pics, i'm definitely not a photographer. I may try to take some more pics in better lighting. I just realized how bad the overall pics look.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145113_jpg-776776.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145141_jpg-776778.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145211_jpg-776780.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145231_jpg-776781.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145415_jpg-776782.JPG
View Quote
Nice Chicom underfolder with character.Excellent shooter grade

$1350-1450
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here is my other AK, it is a DDI built gun and the receiver is a milled Type 3 receiver built by DDI. I believer this was built on a Bulgarian parts kit and the furniture is bakelite. Again, sorry for the shitty pics, I really should learn how to take better pictures.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145530_jpg-776799.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145549_jpg-776800.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145554_jpg-776801.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/171643/20181218_145619_jpg-776802.JPG
View Quote
You are correct.Its a Bulgarian kit with a green mountain barrel.

These were $800 when they were offered at various vendors @2015 or so.Quality is very good on the early DDI builds.

Value on these has gone up some over the new prices from 4 years ago

I would say $900-1050

Nice rifle,thanks for sharing

Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would guess anywhere between  $800 and $1000. Reason being that the kit builds were actually decent rifles and yours is milled as well.

That said,  DDI isnt a 'desireable' make anymore. You may be hard fought trying to get $1000 for it from most AK fans, but i think its a good gun for that guy who just wants to add a Kalashnikov to his collection.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:12:00 AM EDT
[#47]
How much are East German AKM parts kits going for now?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
How much are East German AKM parts kits going for now?
View Quote
With or without original barrel?

Original barreled kit- $1000-1200

Parts kit with no barrel $400-500

Prices are for excellent matching # kits
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 12:57:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Ok thanks, I really want to find one of those sanitized kits for a shooter.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks FlyLeaf for your help on this one
started out a Norinco Mak90 with the thumb hole stock and (3) 10 round mags unfired
Cost 460.00
Stock 120.00
Chinese grip and longer screw 58.00
Page / 34
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top