Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 7:47:20 AM EDT
First - Do they work? Are they finiky about ammo?

The optic rail - Is it steel, is it the same as an AK rail; as in, will it take standard AK mounts?

The muzzle nut/threads - Are the threads typical AK, as in, will it take AK muzzle accessories?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:42:50 PM EDT
All I can say is handle one before you buy. IMO they are sub-standard and pretty much all their .22lrs have serious platform issues. While I will say their CS is excellent that doesn't make up for their firearms lacking in quality.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:03:50 PM EDT
I handled one and it felt cheap cheap cheap.
Can't say anything for function, I wouldn't buy one to find out after handling one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:56:43 PM EDT
Buy a 10/22 instead. You will be much happier.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:12:57 PM EDT
Looks like a toy, feels like a toy, and priced like the real thing.

I can't find one thing I like about them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:13:18 PM EDT
One would think it would be relatively easy to design a dedicated AK in .22 caliber, but they totally missed it! It vaguely resembles an AK from a distance, but that's as close as it gets. I've handled several of them and figured out quickly that I did not want one. I hate that, because I badly want a decent AK in .22 caliber. I've heard that Saiga may be making one at some point. I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:05:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GRMGR1:
One would think it would be relatively easy to design a dedicated AK in .22 caliber.

There's already an AK chambered in .22, it's called the WASR-22, google it. WASR-22s used to cost around $30.00 less than a WASR-10 and had some feeding issues, so not many people bought them.
Top Top