Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/11/2010 9:44:12 PM EDT
went to  home depot, got some  gloss spray paint ( for a wood prodject)  and i was wondering how well it stands up  for a finish on an ak, also does it need to be baked? and for how long and tempature?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Dupli-color if you want to go the spray paint route.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:40:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
went to  home depot, got some  gloss spray paint ( for a wood prodject)  and i was wondering how well it stands up  for a finish on an ak, also does it need to be baked? and for how long and tempature?

Yoiu can't bake air-dry paint. You can warm it no higher than about 250F. The 'Dupli-Color' mentioned may be the 'Engine Enamel Ceramic' in 'Low Gloss Black'. Obviously an engine enamel will take some heat, but I wouldn't exceed 250 in the oven. Baking paint cures at about 350 but only for 30 minutes. You can cure air-dry paint as long as you want at the lower temp. Always check the max temp rating on the paint can and don't come close to that for curing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys ill try that
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top