Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2010 4:43:41 AM EDT
Looking at Classic, I got my Draco about 400 rds back and haven't stopped screaming or creaming and need another!
m72 RPK
1960 milled polish
AES10-B
Rom underfolder
Rom WASR hi cap
Rom AK-MV

or another Draco chrome
whats the better or should I do 2. have about 800.00 - 900.00?
What to do?????
Thanks Loco
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:03:21 AM EDT
From your list I would go with the AES or M72...however in that price range why not go with an Arsenal AK? Unless you have one already?? Great quality AK's...just an observation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:02:04 AM EDT
quality over quantity

save up and buy an arsenal or other big name
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:09:24 AM EDT
it's only an AK, They were never meant to compete with the big game rifles. No matter how you polish a turd it's still a turd! They only had one purpose! And just because its says MADE IN AMERICA doesn't make it do anything different. I have expensive rifles, they are no better. I want a shooter, Oh yea and if they pick it up off the battle field they won't get the best and say to bad he didn't spend that on ammo and learning to shoot.Thanks, How about you shooters, no comments? Thanks loco
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:08:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2010 1:24:17 PM EDT by Molive]
Originally Posted By locosmith:
it's only an AK, They were never meant to compete with the big game rifles. No matter how you polish a turd it's still a turd! They only had one purpose! And just because its says MADE IN AMERICA doesn't make it do anything different. I have expensive rifles, they are no better. I want a shooter, Oh yea and if they pick it up off the battle field they won't get the best and say to bad he didn't spend that on ammo and learning to shoot.Thanks, How about you shooters, no comments? Thanks loco

What makes you think we don't shoot our Arsenals? I'd take an Arsenal over any of those rifles you mentioned for a SHTF situation.
I'd also add a Mak 90 to the list, best of both quality and reliability for the price IMHO
but from your list +1 for the m72 rpk & AES 10-B
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:51:06 PM EDT
Please no chrome. Please.
They are all shooters. I have some Arsenals, and I would buy a $400. ak and use the rest for ammo. I think my $399. AMD is just as reliable as any Arsenal. If you get the AES make sure it has the heavy barrel and carring handle, I have seen some without.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:56:41 PM EDT
No disrespect, I've been on both ends of the AK and not sure high dollar makes them better in function. I know of the Big names just not impressed, been a gun nut to long and know the big boys make crap also, most of the time the name gets in the way when looking for flaws or we're not sharp enough to know what they did. Just wanting to know info on the ones in the list. not sure how the heavies are, not sure weather I want to be light and versital on stand a fight with range? Thanks loco
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:07:47 PM EDT
what I mean it you probably want to buy rifles with the original barrels and not US replacements. I personally will only buy rifles that have foreign barrels on them. I have a WASR2 as my cheap shooter and it has worked flawlessly and will likely continue to do so.
Top Top