View Quote
Quite the little badass!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:27:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The AK collection today:

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Very nice! I especially love the underfolder shorty.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

Very nice! I especially love the underfolder shorty.
View Quote
Thanks! It is a customized Zastava made M-92 in 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:06:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wamba2] [#6]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Tell us about the 551A1
View Quote
So, it's a 5.56x45 Swiss made SIG 551-1 LB (Long Barrel),  the '-1' is for a 1:10" rifle twist. (the '-2' being a 1:8”).  The rifle has a 4 position safety/selector: 0-1-3-20. It fires at about 750rpm in full-auto.
It's a modified Kalashnikov system with the recoil spring placed in front of the bolt.

While very reliable, accurate and made to high standards, is not as rugged as your typical AK. I had the stock butt plate/recoil pad broken from a fall and had to replace to whole stock (as SIG wouldn't sell just the butt plate) and the charging handle rubber part also broke and had to be replaced as well. That has never happened to any of my original AKs rifles.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 8:31:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ordersman] [#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice looking rifle!!! What kind or brand of butt stock adaptation is that one?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:43:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ordersman] [#9]
Originally Posted By Wamba2:
Very nice looking rifle!!! What kind or brand of butt stock adaptation is that one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wamba2:
thanks .... JMAC Customs right here in WV ... check them out .... the stock is by Sig

ETA - I have no affiliation with JMAC Customs
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:59:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ordersman:

thanks .... JMAC Customs right here in WV ... check them out .... the stock is by Sig

ETA - I have no affiliation with JMAC Customs
View Quote
Thanks! It looks like a very viable solution to the AMD stock 'problem'.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad to see some new pics from you! Always enjoy your real deal full auto stuff. *goes to hk pic thread to check for new roller lock pics*
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:

Glad to see some new pics from you! Always enjoy your real deal full auto stuff. *goes to hk pic thread to check for new roller lock pics*
View Quote
Thanks! ;)
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:25:18 AM EDT
[#15]
That was quick, it's Absolutely beautiful, who did your work on it?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:
Local chap helped with the pressing on / off this afternoon and I cut / crowned barrel at home.

Stamp was 28 days.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks awesome !
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Local chap helped with the pressing on / off this afternoon and I cut / crowned barrel at home.

Stamp was 28 days.
View Quote
28 days? I really need to do a few. Looks great Fin!
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Waiting on an aimpoint and modlight then its done.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/369083/RD701_jpg-1291206.JPG
View Quote
Looks damn good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#22]

View Quote
Details por favor
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#23]

Details por favor
View Quote
RD701 from rifle dynamics.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:50:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hulley] [#24]

RD701 from rifle dynamics.
View Quote
I want the RD501.

How you like it, worth the coin?
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Plum folder should be here Friday - plumlife is best life...

Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Oh damn that is nice!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#27]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/fullsizeoutput_2de-1292089.jpg
View Quote
So very nice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#28]

I want the RD501.

View Quote
I have not had it for very long so this is all my first impressions and subject to change but I am extremely impressed with it so far. I would say yes its worth the price of admission but most shooters would be better off buying a cheaper rifle, a shot timer, and a pile of ammo. Its not a race gun but its been pretty impressive on the clock so far despite being chambered in 7.62x39.

Observations:

#1 The action, safety, mag release, mag fit, are all buttery smooth and effortless, I cant even begin to describe how smooth everything is. It puts my Galil Ace and many of my other long guns to shame. Absolutely nothing on this gun can be described as rough, stiff, or gritty.
#2 The trigger is fantastic but not mind blowing, its smooth, no grit, no roughness,  and consistent from start to finish with no slop or take up. The trigger feels like you are just gently and consistently rolling it to the rear till it breaks. It is not as short and crisp as a larue MBT for example but its still excellent.
#3 The obvious front end changes move the center of gravity and natural balance toward the shooter, I think if I had gone with the ar15 stock adapter instead of a triangle folder the weight distribution would have made the rifle balance even better and target transitions would be even faster.
#4 The gas system on this thing is much softer than expected from an AK, I imagine with other calibers its even softer.

What would I do differently?
I think if I was to do it over I would go with 5.45 or 5.56 with an AR stock adapter instead of a triangle folder, I believe with those changes this thing would be a complete monster with even better splits. I believe 5.45 or 5.56 would take better advantage of all of the other excellent traits the gun already has to increase performance, same goes for the AR stock adapter. The AR stock adapter would better distribute the weight and move the center of gravity further to the rear making transitions even faster and mitigate over travel even further.

Would I recommend it to others?
If you are set on an AK and the price isn't an issue 100% Yes no questions asked, but it wont be for everyone and the cost to performance gained is on a curve with extreme diminishing returns. Once you start comparing it to other platforms in the same price range it makes less sense but I knew that going into it.

Long term we will see how it does, I plan to shoot this thing exclusively the rest of the year to see how it shakes loose.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Ak105 looking good!! Details on the triangle qd sling mod??
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes

How to
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#31]

I have not had it for very long so this is all my first impressions and subject to change but I am extremely impressed with it so far. I would say yes its worth the price of admission but most shooters would be better off buying a cheaper rifle, a shot timer, and a pile of ammo. Its not a race gun but its been pretty impressive on the clock so far despite being chambered in 7.62x39.

Observations:

#1 The action, safety, mag release, mag fit, are all buttery smooth and effortless, I cant even begin to describe how smooth everything is. It puts my Galil Ace and many of my other long guns to shame. Absolutely nothing on this gun can be described as rough, stiff, or gritty.
#2 The trigger is fantastic but not mind blowing, its smooth, no grit, no roughness,  and consistent from start to finish with no slop or take up. The trigger feels like you are just gently and consistently rolling it to the rear till it breaks. It is not as short and crisp as a larue MBT for example but its still excellent.
#3 The obvious front end changes move the center of gravity and natural balance toward the shooter, I think if I had gone with the ar15 stock adapter instead of a triangle folder the weight distribution would have made the rifle balance even better and target transitions would be even faster.
#4 The gas system on this thing is much softer than expected from an AK, I imagine with other calibers its even softer.

I think if I was to do it over I would go with 5.45 or 5.56 with an AR stock adapter instead of a triangle folder, I believe with those changes this thing would be a complete monster with even better splits. I believe 5.45 or 5.56 would take better advantage of all of the other excellent traits the gun already has to increase performance, same goes for the AR stock adapter. The AR stock adapter would better distribute the weight and move the center of gravity further to the rear making transitions even faster and mitigate over travel even further.

If you are set on an AK and the price isn't an issue 100% Yes no questions asked, but it wont be for everyone and the cost to performance gained is on a curve with extreme diminishing returns. Once you start comparing it to other platforms in the same price range it makes less sense but I knew that going into it.

Long term we will see how it does, I plan to shoot this thing exclusively the rest of the year to see how it shakes loose.
View Quote
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback, beautiful rifle!
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I love how the heat shield looks like it's being case-hardened from the multiple mag dumps I've done with this pistol...

AK-P, first AK ever, tons of fun.

Link Posted: 2/27/2020 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Observations:

View All Quotes

I want the RD501.

Observations:

Just get this and have both worlds....

I assume RD uses a 4.5mm trunion
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#34]

How to
View Quote
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Can a Galil ACE come to play?

Link Posted: 2/29/2020 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Hit the range this morning.

The 105 clone is a pussycat, love it.

I don't like the booster and want to get a brake for it - I like the bare muzzle as opposed to the booster.

RS Regulate mount and T1 make it a slick package.

The Soviet clone got a new ALG spring and trigger group so it was my first outing with it, both did great.

Link Posted: 2/29/2020 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I want so bad to try out a SLR104 in any configuration, of course by then, it'll make me want one even more.

Looks good Fin!
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I want so bad to try out a SLR104 in any configuration, of course by then, it'll make me want one even more.

Looks good Fin!
View Quote
What part of GA?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Hit the range this morning.

The 105 clone is a pussycat, love it.

I don't like the booster and want to get a brake for it - I like the bare muzzle as opposed to the booster.

RS Regulate mount and T1 make it a slick package.

The Soviet clone got a new ALG spring and trigger group so it was my first outing with it, both did great.

https://i.postimg.cc/3rVM4qxS/fullsizeoutput-2e0.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/CdT6vWZw/fullsizeoutput-2e2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wB4zWj9H/fullsizeoutput-2e4.jpg
View Quote
I need to get out and shoot more
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#40]

What part of GA?
View Quote
North, I’m a few miles from Road Atlanta, off of I-85.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:18:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATravis11b] [#41]
I finally got one of my bucket list guns. Vepr made RPK74 with sidefolding stock.  I've already thrown a Krebs safety, ALG trigger, and tango down grip on her.  I'm beyond excited.

Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:
I finally got one of my bucket list guns. Vepr made RPK74 with sidefolding stock.  I've already thrown a Krebs safety, ALG trigger, and tango down grip on her.  I'm beyond excited.

https://i.imgur.com/plFf88W.jpg
View Quote
Baller.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked up a PSA AK P.  Only my second AK, the other being a WASR.  Initial impressions are very good, accurate, soft-shooting, totally reliable for the first 300 rounds.

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By scarz:
Picked up a PSA AK P.  Only my second AK, the other being a WASR.  Initial impressions are very good, accurate, soft-shooting, totally reliable for the first 300 rounds.

Pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/LIQHP99.jpg
View Quote
How much fun is that AK-P, right?

What ammo are you using?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By scarz:

Pic thread:

https://i.imgur.com/LIQHP99.jpg
View Quote
Dude, I love my AK-P, amazed at how soft shooting it feels.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:

https://i.imgur.com/plFf88W.jpg
View Quote
I bet this is a sweet shooter, very cool!
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By vmpglenn:

How much fun is that AK-P, right?

What ammo are you using?
View Quote
It’s a blast. I was shocked at how docile it shoots compared to my WASR.

I shot a mix of brown bear 125 gr sp and a bunch of old wolf fmj I had laying around.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Changes are happening.

- RS Regulate Rail (also have Zenitco B30u but decided it should go on the Draco)
Best rail system I've encountered for the AK platform. Rock Solid

- JMAC Gen1 buffer tube adapter

Enroute:
- JMAC RRD-4C 24 brake
Only brake I could find with proper detent timing for the Bulgarian FSB/GB and I wanted a brake. Looked at a lot of Russian / Ukranian / Bulgarian options but nothing that would be compatible without mods

- Vepr take off adjustable rear sight. I want the front post to be dead center vs slightly to the left - OCD and all that. This one time I said I want it straight dammit.

- BCM gunfighter VFG

Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Changes are happening.

- RS Regulate Rail (also have Zenitco B30u but decided it should go on the Draco)

Enroute:
- JMAC RRD-4C 24 brake
Only brake I could find with proper detent timing for the Bulgarian FSB/GB and I wanted a brake. Looked at a lot of Russian / Ukranian / Bulgarian options but nothing that would be compatible without mods

- Vepr take off adjustable rear sight. I want the front post to be dead center vs slightly to the left - OCD and all that. This one time I said I want it straight dammit.

- BCM gunfighter VFG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/fullsizeoutput_2e6ka105v1-1299399.jpg
View Quote
This the one you just chopped? Looks good!
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Changes are happening.

Enroute:
- JMAC RRD-4C 24 brake

- BCM gunfighter VFG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/fullsizeoutput_2e6ka105v1-1299399.jpg
yessir
Page / 125
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top