Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 7:53:54 PM EDT
I am looking at getting one of the three but can't make up my mind.

1) Kobra - 2 AA batteries, cost is similar to PK AS
2) PK AS - Don't need to use batteries in daytime unless you want to.  Cost is similar to Kobra
3) PK A - Mounted the lowest and looks like you can get cheek weld vs chin weld.  $40-60 cheaper.  Not the latest greatest.

I think I just answered my own question but I want to see what people think

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:53:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Kobra or PK-AS get my vote. Biggest downsides to the Kobra (IMHO) are that it needs batteries & sits high enough that you get a chinweld instead of cheekweld. Biggest downside to the PK-AS is that it's designed for left eye use (difficult for some to learn/adapt to) if you want a decent cheekweld. Other than that pick the one w/the features you like best and best suits your particular needs. I have 'em both and like 'em both. HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:58:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the PK-AS and love it, but I have my eye on a Kobra as well in part thanks to Tomac's recommendations. For what it's worth I use my normal right eye open, left eye closed shooting tyle with it and it's alright, just like using a regular scope. Gives you a slight blurry effect when using it with both eyes open, but it does work, not that I intend on storming any buildings in the near future. I use mine on my NDM86, which is a nice change of pace to not have the scope eye piece come back into your eye from the recoil.

Z
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the Kobra is the way to go.  If I was a miliatry type then I would pick the PK AS but I just shoot at the range and back to the safe.

Hey RS39, that side folder bulgy kit I got off you was nice.  Just like the one I sold a few months ago and regretted ever since.  Now all I need is some time to build my 3 kits.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I bought the PK-AS and love it, but I have my eye on a Kobra as well in part thanks to Tomac's recommendations. For what it's worth I use my normal right eye open, left eye closed shooting tyle with it and it's alright, just like using a regular scope. Gives you a slight blurry effect when using it with both eyes open, but it does work, not that I intend on storming any buildings in the near future. I use mine on my NDM86, which is a nice change of pace to not have the scope eye piece come back into your eye from the recoil.
Z

Fixed it for ya

lol

Much obliged RS

Z
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top