Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/9/2006 7:53:54 PM EDT
I am looking at getting one of the three but can't make up my mind.

1) Kobra - 2 AA batteries, cost is similar to PK AS
2) PK AS - Don't need to use batteries in daytime unless you want to. Cost is similar to Kobra
3) PK A - Mounted the lowest and looks like you can get cheek weld vs chin weld. $40-60 cheaper. Not the latest greatest.

I think I just answered my own question but I want to see what people think

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:53:48 AM EDT
Kobra or PK-AS get my vote. Biggest downsides to the Kobra (IMHO) are that it needs batteries & sits high enough that you get a chinweld instead of cheekweld. Biggest downside to the PK-AS is that it's designed for left eye use (difficult for some to learn/adapt to) if you want a decent cheekweld. Other than that pick the one w/the features you like best and best suits your particular needs. I have 'em both and like 'em both. HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:42:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:58:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 6:02:14 AM EDT by TX-Zen]
I bought the PK-AS and love it, but I have my eye on a Kobra as well in part thanks to Tomac's recommendations. For what it's worth I use my normal right eye open, left eye closed shooting tyle with it and it's alright, just like using a regular scope. Gives you a slight blurry effect when using it with both eyes open, but it does work, not that I intend on storming any buildings in the near future. I use mine on my NDM86, which is a nice change of pace to not have the scope eye piece come back into your eye from the recoil.

Z
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 6:42:14 AM EDT by RS39]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:37:57 PM EDT
I think the Kobra is the way to go. If I was a miliatry type then I would pick the PK AS but I just shoot at the range and back to the safe.

Hey RS39, that side folder bulgy kit I got off you was nice. Just like the one I sold a few months ago and regretted ever since. Now all I need is some time to build my 3 kits.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:07:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RS39:

Originally Posted By TX-Zen:
I bought the PK-AS and love it, but I have my eye on a Kobra as well in part thanks to Tomac's recommendations. For what it's worth I use my normal right eye open, left eye closed shooting tyle with it and it's alright, just like using a regular scope. Gives you a slight blurry effect when using it with both eyes open, but it does work, not that I intend on storming any buildings in the near future. I use mine on my NDM86, which is a nice change of pace to not have the scope eye piece come back into your eye from the recoil.
Z

Fixed it for ya

lol

Much obliged RS

Z
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:08:48 PM EDT
Top Top