Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:25:58 PM EDT
Im thinking of buying an M4 stock for my ak. Anyone have pics of how they look? How about quality of this stock..good, bad? And will this stock fit the chinese mack 90 sporter?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Im thinking of buying an M4 stock for my ak. Anyone have pics of how they look?

They look gay as hell.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
... will this stock fit the chinese mack 90 sporter?

That depends, is your MAK-90 Sporter "stamped" or "milled"?

Here are some pictures of my "stamped" MAK-90 Sporter with the 3 main AR stock options out there currently...

Here she is with a 4-possision AR stock:

Here she is with a 6-possition AR stock:

And here she is with a 6-possision T6 stock:

As you can see, I've had them all on my MAK-90 & without a doubt the T6 6-possision is the best/strongest of them all!  The other 2 are just regular AR stocks attached using this adapter:

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=233&zenid=2312dc33ae1bd3057d2788c3b9ed5c6c

The T6 6-possision stock is specifically made for the AK family & is one piece… check it out here:

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=410&zenid=2312dc33ae1bd3057d2788c3b9ed5c6c

Before you buy anything let me know whether your MAK-90 Sporter has a “stamped” receiver or a “milled” receiver as I might be able to help ya out. (MAK-90 “stamped” receivers require that the stocks to be modified before they’ll fit.)

P.S. I’m a firm believer in if something makes something better it’s NEVER bad (or gay)… besides, why should only the AR guys have all of the accessory fun?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... will this stock fit the chinese mack 90 sporter?

That depends, is your MAK-90 Sporter "stamped" or "milled"?

Here are some pictures of my "stamped" MAK-90 Sporter with the 3 main AR stock options out there currently...

Here she is with a 4-possision AR stock:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/MAK-90/A.jpg

Here she is with a 6-possition AR stock:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/MAK-90/MAK-90.jpg

And here she is with a 6-possision T6 stock:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/MAK-90/IMG_0210.jpg

As you can see, I've had them all on my MAK-90 & without a doubt the T6 6-possision is the best/strongest of them all!  The other 2 are just regular AR stocks attached using this adapter:

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=233&zenid=2312dc33ae1bd3057d2788c3b9ed5c6c

The T6 6-possision stock is specifically made for the AK family & is one piece… check it out here:

http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=410&zenid=2312dc33ae1bd3057d2788c3b9ed5c6c

Before you buy anything let me know whether your MAK-90 Sporter has a “stamped” receiver or a “milled” receiver as I might be able to help ya out. (MAK-90 “stamped” receivers require that the stocks to be modified before they’ll fit.)

P.S. I’m a firm believer in if something makes something better it’s NEVER bad (or gay)… besides, why should only the AR guys have all of the accessory fun?

Im not sure what stamped or milled means. I just bought it from a guy who know a guy. How can I tel the difference? Thanks for the pics! I like.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im thinking of buying an M4 stock for my ak. Anyone have pics of how they look?

They look gay as hell.

They sure do!

But not as gay as those butthole stocks do !!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im not sure what stamped or milled means. I just bought it from a guy who know a guy. How can I tel the difference?

Easiest way to tell...

Does your MAK-90 Sporter have an indent like the one here circled in red?

If it looks like mine then you’ve got yourself a “stamped” MAK-90... if your “indent” looks larger & like a perfect rectangle you’ve got a “milled”.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I think it's funny how people dont like anything Tactical on an AK...

I think your weapon should fit you, and if AR style accessories fits your needs and likeness then go for it.

(Don't get me wrong I still love an classic stlye AK- This gives me an idea for a thread...)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think your weapon should fit you, and if AR style accessories fits your needs and likeness then go for it.

Yup, pretty easy really.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:38:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I was going to put a simple six position stock on my AK, but a deal that I couldn't pass up presented itself.

I ended up with the Ace adapter for the AK, and a Magpul M93A buttstock. The Magpul will eventually end up on my Daewoo, but since the adapter I need isn't available at the moment, it'll hafta reside on my AK.

yep.. I know the paint is flaking. I just bought it, heavily discounted for the crappy paint job which I was going to strip anyways (learning to do Duracoat)... but's its a nice mintly clean Romanian parts build. An ultimak rail system is next.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/palefrei/ak00.jpg

http://home.columbus.rr.com/palefrei/ak01.jpg

http://home.columbus.rr.com/palefrei/stormwerkz06.jpg
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im not sure what stamped or milled means. I just bought it from a guy who know a guy. How can I tel the difference?

Easiest way to tell...

Does your MAK-90 Sporter have an indent like the one here circled in red?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Michigun/MAK-90/100_1721.jpg

It looks to me like I have a stamped ak. So I will need an adapter then won't I? Thanks for the help.

If it looks like mine then you’ve got yourself a “stamped” MAK-90... if your “indent” looks larger & like a perfect rectangle you’ve got a “milled”.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:46:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It looks to me like I have a stamped ak. So I will need an adapter then won't I? Thanks for the help.

You’ll only need an adapter for certain stocks… for instance, the T6 stock needs no adapter because it has one built in.

If you have a stamped MAK-90 you just need to know that pretty much anything you buy, furniture wise, will have to be fitted… the stamped MAK-90’s receiver is thicker then other stamped receivers out there.

Shoot me an e-mail when ya get a chance.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top