Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/12/2005 8:11:36 AM EDT
I just visited their site  Kalinkaoptics.com and they seem to have some very good prices on optics, I want to know if they are inexpensive or just cheap? I didn't see a link to them under the AK optics forum,  they have some cool night vision stuff, that is alot less expensive than elswhere, I really don't need NV, but I have alot of stuff I didn't really need, and bought it anyway, any feed back would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Treeman    also, I am in no way affiliated with them,  so this is not a sales pitch, I live in Bama, and don't know alot about russian optics
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
kalinka makes the optics for the russian military. Thier optics are very rugged and of high quality. They are inexpensive due to the fact that they are made in Russia and it just costs less to make them, over there. Many members here have thier stuff and have no complaints. I dont know how high quality thier night vision is. But if its on par with the rest of thier gear you wont have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Kalinka products are great. There is a down side. I just had to cancel an order I placed with Sniper Country for a POSP because, according to S.C., Kalinka would not answer his e-mails for an order he placed. Kalinka has no phone number for sales. E-mail only. After I canceled my order I e-mailed Kalinka and have been answered everytime by Lee within 24 hours. I don't know whether the problem was with Sniper Country or Kalinka. I have decided to order the POSP directly from Kalinka based on their fast responses to e-mails. I will post results when I have them. Cross your fingers for me, I don't want to get fucked out of $200.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback, everybody,  and bigstick, I hope your deal goes through without any glitches, if it does let us know, because I want to order a few things from them, but without any knowledge of them I was leary.  Thanks Treeman
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have ordered from Kalinka before and mostly had bad experience.

First time I ordered SVD to 1" Rings side mount (for romak3). The ring screws were so soft that I screwed up the heads the first time - and rings couldn't hold the scope (scope always moved back from the recoil, it was Bushnell 3200 elite). - When I emailed Kalinka they advised me to put tape around the scope where the rings are, but the screws were so soft that I couldn't tighten them enough. (still have the mount - it is the worth mount I ever bought).

Second purchase from kalinka was Posp 8x42 VD for AK mount. - scope was good until 3rd trip to the range when bottom locking washer(special design) broke and so the locking handle doesn't stay in place. I emailed kalinka numerous times, and each time the response was like to this "please email me in a week, we will order the part from Russia", or "Shipment from Russia hasn't arrived yet", or "Email me in few weeks"...
After 4 Emails I gave up, and went to Homedepot and found regular locking washer, and use it since then.

Considering my experience I will never again order from them. I now order from freedomoptics (due to much better feedback from numerous individuals from other forums).
I ordered from freedomoptics once (AK to weaver low profile mount) already, and part came in as described, but I haven't taken it to the range yet.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:15:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have ordered from Kalinka before and mostly had bad experience.

First time I ordered SVD to 1" Rings side mount (for romak3). The ring screws were so soft that I screwed up the heads the first time - and rings couldn't hold the scope (scope always moved back from the recoil, it was Bushnell 3200 elite). - When I emailed Kalinka they advised me to put tape around the scope where the rings are, but the screws were so soft that I couldn't tighten them enough. (still have the mount - it is the worth mount I ever bought).

Second purchase from kalinka was Posp 8x42 VD for AK mount. - scope was good until 3rd trip to the range when bottom locking washer(special design) broke and so the locking handle doesn't stay in place. I emailed kalinka numerous times, and each time the response was like to this "please email me in a week, we will order the part from Russia", or "Shipment from Russia hasn't arrived yet", or "Email me in few weeks"...
After 4 Emails I gave up, and went to Homedepot and found regular locking washer, and use it since then.

Considering my experience I will never again order from them. I now order from freedomoptics (due to much better feedback from numerous individuals from other forums).
I ordered from freedomoptics once (AK to weaver low profile mount) already, and part came in as described, but I haven't taken it to the range yet.

Omega, thanks for the input. I just ordered a POSP PRO from Kalinka because  Tantal and Freedom Optics didn't have any. How do you like the scope itself? I am trying to prepare myself since normally I use Leuplod scopes, and I doubt the POSP can compare.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I have never had "PRO" series my self, but 8x42vd is not bad. Optics is clear and clicks are positive, but regular 8x42 is not good for regular caliber (other then 762x54r) because clicks are calibrated for that caliber. Each click is about 2 MOA (if I remember correctly, it was a while since I shot one). But the "pro" series is 0.5moa so it should be a pretty good scope (but again if it brakes there is no warranty).

I my self try to stay with reputable optics. I currently have:
Sightron SII 3-12x50 on my Tikka t3 SS varmint .223
Bushnell elite 4200 4-16x42 AO, Target turrets on CZ 550 varmint .308.
Eotech 511 A65 F on vepr 7.62x39 (low profile side mount).

I love all the scopes above, I think they are great scopes for the money.
I haven't shot the vepr with eotech yet, but i think it should be a good setup. I had Russian kobra 8-18model, and didn't like it very much, because of the high profile (can't get cheek weld). And I think that eotech holographic sight has advantages over red dot sights.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been in contact with Lee at kalinka optics, and informed him of the negative feedback that they have received at AR15.com, he was unaware of the bad reputation, and told me that they had hired him as a new manager, and promised things will be different from now on. I also said that he may want to throw the members here a bone, to make up for the bad rap, he seemed to be for it, and was going to check with the head man, and see what they could do. he seems like a good guy, and he has been very helpful to me during my purchase. maybe they will change their act?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have been in contact with Lee at kalinka optics, and informed him of the negative feedback that they have received at AR15.com

I have been in contact with Lee also, and even though Sniper Country said they would not respond to emails, Lee responded to every single one of mine within 24 hrs, usually less. I had a problem using the website online checkout, so lee emailed me amanual crdit card form. I emailed it back to him and with 6 hours he had placed the order manually and sent me a confirmation notice, a receipt email, and a tracking number. So far, excellent service. As soon as my scope arrives I will post more.

I also wanted to add, even though there was some kind of problem with Sniper Country PX, I had no problem canceling my order with them. They refunded my money within two business days. I would trust them to do business with in the future.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I received my scope today, order placed on 12-12 got it 12-16, was in contact with Lee at kalinka optics the whole time, I think they have gotten any customer service problems ironed out, plus the scope is awesome, and very inexpensive, $199 for 6x24x50 illumated millidot, works like a champ, put 20 rounds in 1" group, just after sunset,in approx 30sec. using m85, and ss varmit, scope was very clear in low light, damn fine scope!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome Treeman! I just checked the USPS track and confirm site and mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I have to say Lee has been great and answered all my e-mails quickly. I will post more when I receive my scope.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Biggerstick, I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine, Lee at kalinka seems to be a pretty good guy, he probably emailed me everyday while my order was processing, I think they are getting a bum rap around here, sure they had problems in the past, but I wouldn't think twice about buying from them again, I probably will get a NV scope from them, I wanted to start small, wasn't to sure about them, and I would much rather get screwed out of 199$ than 6 or 8 hundred. GOOD LUCK, KEEP US POSTED!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I received my scope today as promised! This thing is awesome. Built like a tank. I agree sta1treeman, I would definately buy again from Kalinka. Lee stayed in contact with me constantly.
Merry Christmas to me!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#13]
biggerstick, post a range report asap,                which scope did you end up getting?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
biggerstick, post a range report asap, which scope did you end up getting?

I got a POSP 8x42 PRO. I still haven't purchased the gun it's going on. I am buying a VEPR .308 after Christmas. I will post a report then.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#15]
looking forward to hearing about it, don't forget to post, hope you have a very merry CHRISTMAS!,   Treeman
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
looking forward to hearing about it, don't forget to post, hope you have a very merry CHRISTMAS!,   Treeman

Merry Christmas to you too Treeman!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Merry Christmans to everyone too.

I just wanted to wish luck to all of you.

I also wanted to add that when you are buying something from someone who wants to sell something - it is allways easy. Whats hard is getting that warranty support.

For example - you buy bushnell elite scope - any problem, you send it back to the factory, and they send you a new one back (2-3 weeks).

Now if you buy a scope from Kalinka, and it breakes how you going to get that scope repaired?
either no way at all - or in the best case it will take 3 month.

+ the 3200 elite 10x mil dot costs about 170$+40$ for the mount NEW, and I can bet it is a better scope the POSP.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#18]
the 3200, probably is a better scope, but the 5x24x50 scope I just got from kalink, as said above, is  built like a tank, and at 199, sems like a pretty good deal, my origanal interest was their NV scopes, I wanted to buy a less expensive scope for my 223 varmit, I would rather get burned out of 199 than  800, I have never had to send any scope I ever had for warrenty work, I hope I have the same luck with this one. this scope is crystal clear, and with the independent focus, short and longer ranges have been impressive.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:57:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
the 3200, probably is a better scope, but the 5x24x50 scope I just got from kalink, as said above, is  built like a tank, and at 199, sems like a pretty good deal, my origanal interest was their NV scopes, I wanted to buy a less expensive scope for my 223 varmit, I would rather get burned out of 199 than  800, I have never had to send any scope I ever had for warrenty work, I hope I have the same luck with this one. this scope is crystal clear, and with the independent focus, short and longer ranges have been impressive.

How does your new scope track?  Do the adjustments appear to be accurate & are the turret movements "mushy" or positive?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#20]
ceylonc, the adjustments are very positive, good solid click, and they seem to be accurate in their adjustments, I clicked, and the group moved accordingly, I was shooting m855 green tips, decently accurate at 100yds, I think with better ammunition, I could group better,  I have a RR eop ss, wylde chamberd varmit upper, no match trigger, 6x24x50 kalinka, my range only has 100yd, true test to see if the scope can match what this upper is able to do, will be at longer yds, as I said above I shot a 1" grp , 20 rds, 100yds, in about 30 sec. after sunset,(damn near dark), scope was well illuminated. a 1" grp at 100 isn't  that big of a deal, what was, I got the scope, had just enough time to slap it on, run to the range, dial it in, took about 6rds, then group at 1 inch, before they ran me off for shooting after the range closed. I'm happy with it so far, I'm looking to go to another range, with a friend, they have 500yd. when I go I will post a report.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I just ordered a mount from Kalinka. I am looking forward to getting the mount.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I got my stuff in. Took about 4 days. I was emailed once the order was recieved and was sent shipping info when it was sent. I had an extremely good experience.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I got my stuff in. Took about 4 days. I was emailed once the order was recieved and was sent shipping info when it was sent. I had an extremely good experience.

My experience with Kalinka was great also. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#24]
In my opinion if you can get it from Tantal, he's a better choice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
In my opinion if you can get it from Tantal, he's a better choice.

Just out of curiosity, why?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#26]
A company that I can log on to anytime and place an order is my kinda place. I look forward to doing more business with Kalinka.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
A company that I can log on to anytime and place an order is my kinda place. I look forward to doing more business with Kalinka.

I agree, in fact I am about to buy a Kobra from them based on the way they treated me when I bought my POSP last month.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Kalinka has rude fuckers working there. I didn't bother trying to get past that. Freedom Optics has always done me right.

I've only bought 1 Kobra off him.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Kalinka has rude fuckers working there. I didn't bother trying to get past that. Freedom Optics has always done me right.

I've only bought 1 Kobra off him.

I dealt with Lee through email. He was extremely nice and very helpful. How were they rude? They don't have a phone number, so how did you talk to them?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Obviously Kalinka had some customer service issues in the past, but from my on experience, and others that have purchased items from them recently, they have great service now, they recognised their problem, and corrected it, sign of a good co. I think you can buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:28:50 PM EDT
[#31]
i ordered a 6x posp and i got it a week after i ordered it. im happy with it, really nice scope for a relitivly low price.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I've also had nothing but good service from them. I ordered a PK-AS which got lost in the mail, Lee overnighted another one without charging for shipping ... and gave me a refund on the lost one when it finally showed up.

Z
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I've bought a POSP 6x (not bad) and a RAKURS-A (tritium illuminated 1x, huge FOV, cool!) from Kalinka without any problems.
I did by a KO PPO (ok, but wouldn't buy another) scope from them, and they shipped it w/o a front scope cover, which irritated me.

I have also bought a PK-AS-W (adjustment's a bitch cause allen wrench doesn't fit between scope and rifle, AK version would be ok tho) from Tantal, and he was a good guy to do business with.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top