Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 9:52:47 PM EDT
I picked up a no name scope mount at a show last week and I finally got a chance to mount it.  It mounts on the side rail using 3 hex head screws.

I put on top a red dot scope that I picked up at Bass Pro a few years ago (the red dot was previously on a .22 that I used for squirrel).

Set up at 25 yds and after 10-15 shots I got it hitting where I was aiming.

Put up a new target and backer paper on the OSB target stand and went back to 100 yds.

Fired 5 shots and looked through the spotting scope, nothing.  Walked out to look, nothing.

To make a longer story shorter, I had full down elevation dialed in, I ended up aiming at the bottom edge of the wood and I was hitting about 2 inches (yes that is right) from the top.  

I strapped the rifle in a cleaning vise and leveled the barrel.  I then checked the level of the scope and found it to be angled down in front.

The scope had integral mounts so I can't shim the back up to adjust, the mount is fairly hefty so I don't think I can "tweek" it any.

So that leaves me with repositioning the mount rail on the receiver. Can that be done?  I work on aircraft so riveting is no biggy, just wondering about if this is my only solution or am I missing something.

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#1]
So your rail is probably about 1/4" lower at one end than the other?
It can be done; I had a smith actually weld mine and parkerize my SAR2. The build it yourself forum guys can give you more help on how to approach the rail job.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top