Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/18/2003 2:04:08 PM EDT
I have recently bought a cobra and when I turn the turents to adjust it the spanner nut moves also. Is this normal? Also I cant seem to get the damn thing to adjust any lower. My siderail is leval and all. It started out about 3' high at 100 yards but as close as I can get it is 6" high. I cant live with that.Tantal says it should adjust 11' Will it stop turning when it runs out of adjustment? Sorry for the dumb question.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Lurking in the case should be a forked screwdriver in the form of a flat stamping. Otherwise get a small screwdriver and loosen the outer ring of the screw inside the adjustment knob. Loosen enough for about 1/8" lift on the knob, move the knob past zero, then retighten before shooting. If you got that close on 'one lap' you should be fine. When you get it on target, reset the dials to zero for easy reference for future adjustments. Each number should be 1cm at 100m change in point of impact.
Just a few more turns away.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I know about the wrench. The problems is if I tighten down the spaner nut then I cant move the turent. It spins with the spaner nut. And it took several turns to get to where it is now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I know about the wrench. The problems is if I tighten down the spaner nut then I cant move the turent. It spins with the spaner nut. And it took several turns to get to where it is now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Zero'ing a Kobra is a tedious process.

Make sure you loosen the wierd little nut enough that you can pry the disk up enough that the disk is no is no longer engaged to the adjustment mechanism. The disk shold be be free-floating. Then you can crank on the adjustment screw to your heart's content. ALTHOUGH, if you adjust the screw enough in one direction (I forget which) you may discover that you have to loosen the nut even more to be able to continue adjusting in that direction.

CAUTION  If you've losened up the nut a lot in order to get the adjustment travel you need, be sure to snug it down BEFORE you test fire. Otherwise, the nut, disk and itty-bitty detent ball bearing will part company with the rifle upon recoil and you will end up looking like the "guy" in the "Don't be that guy." commercials as you crawl around on your hands and knees looking for the missing stuff. How do I know this? None of your damned business.

Good luck.

SD
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
try this, it is very helpfull, and shows in better detail how to manipulate the various screws.
tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/kobrazer.html
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I also think that the directions in the instructions manual are relatively straightforward, although not perfect.  See Section 8.4 through 8.7 and refer to “Figure 2 – Windage and Elevation Dials”

For everybody's benefit, I've scanned the relevant pages of the instructions manual below:

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks kalir. I think my problem is I did not push the turrent back down. And it did not engage the splines. And there for it would not adjust. Im going to the range saturday I'll let you know what I find out.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top