Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/10/2003 7:23:27 PM EDT
I have a SAR-1. Recently upgrade with RSA FCG and K-VAR OD green furniture. Also accomponied by a precise innovations barrel adapther and 74 style brake. Also just re-finished with gun kote, loooks beautiful. Anyway, looking for some affordable optice. I have seen the $100 commie scopes, any good? Whats my best bet and where to I find it? Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:31:16 PM EDT
What distances are you planning to apply the weapon to?

Bear in mind the inhrent accuarcay limitations of the gun/ammunition.

How old are your eyes?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:17:06 PM EDT
100 yards max. Good 30 year old eyes and well aware of the inerint inaccuracy. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:48:18 PM EDT
Well just ordered a Kobra red dot from Night Visn Web. Hope that is nice.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:47:03 AM EDT
Kobra or PSO 4x.
The PO3.5x21 has twice the price, weight, field of view (wonderful), and very clear glass.

I Kobra my 7.62 and mag scope my 5.45.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:58:56 AM EDT
For close work like that I would suggest a zero-magnification electronic red dot sight.

You essentially have two choices:

A) Kobra Russian unit. Mounts conventionally to side rail on your receiver, sits above receiver behind rear iron sight. Fast on/off the gun. About $140 - $165. Takes a little digging to find one. For that price, the mount is part of the scope and you need to purchase nothing else.

B) Ultimak. A gas tube replacement with a picatinny rail on top. You would add an Aimpoint to it. A little expensive combo but, very cool. It will not over-heat the scope and you can still use the iron sights with the scope mounted.

Good luck.

SD
Top Top