Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 7:23:27 PM EDT
I have a SAR-1. Recently upgrade with RSA FCG and K-VAR OD green furniture. Also accomponied by a precise innovations barrel adapther and 74 style brake. Also just re-finished with gun kote, loooks beautiful. Anyway, looking for some affordable optice. I have seen the $100 commie scopes, any good? Whats my best bet and where to I find it? Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What distances are you planning to apply the weapon to?

Bear in mind the inhrent accuarcay limitations of the gun/ammunition.

How old are your eyes?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#2]
100 yards max. Good 30 year old eyes and well aware of the inerint inaccuracy. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well just ordered a Kobra red dot from Night Visn Web. Hope that is nice.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Kobra or PSO 4x.
The PO3.5x21 has twice the price, weight, field of view (wonderful), and very clear glass.

I Kobra my 7.62 and mag scope my 5.45.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
For close work like that I would suggest a zero-magnification electronic red dot sight.

You essentially have two choices:

A) Kobra Russian unit. Mounts conventionally to side rail on your receiver, sits above receiver behind rear iron sight. Fast on/off the gun. About $140 - $165. Takes a little digging to find one. For that price, the mount is part of the scope and you need to purchase nothing else.

B) Ultimak. A gas tube replacement with a picatinny rail on top. You would add an Aimpoint to it. A little expensive combo but, very cool. It will not over-heat the scope and you can still use the iron sights with the scope mounted.

Good luck.

SD
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top