Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/7/2003 9:41:04 AM EDT
I've had a Romanian SAR-1 for a while now, and I'm looking to add a scope.  I have an older scope from an old hunting rifle that still works perfectly and I was hoping to find a way to attach a Weaver base to the Romanian-style scope mount on the side.  Does anyone know where to find a device like this or whether or not regular scope mounts will even work on Romanian rifles?
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 12:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
They exist, but run $80-90. Try FAC/ gunsnstuff.com or kvar. Many decide that a russian scope the includes the bracket for about $120 is a better option.
And the dust cover models with weaver rails are not a good option.
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Doh! Forgot my MTK75 mount, only $35 from Tantal, includes 1" rings as part of the mount design. Best for compact scopes but maybe a good solution for the money. Mine has worked well for 2 years.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a recommendation for you. I would cal Valentin at www.valdada.com they sell the exact Romaniain Factory mount that you seek.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I got mine from KVAR but it was pretty pricy.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top