Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2002 5:35:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#1]
 And no matter how perfectly you have it, check it after firing a few rounds, then zero.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
hi cappy & msh i am new to this site.but i have found a gut who knows his scopes and has good deals.i bought a 8x42posp vd scope from him. and the cost was $120.00+ 8.00 shipping any place in the lower 48.and that was with
priorty mail with the price.
akoptics.com check him out
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 5:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lee308] [#3]
I just purchased a AK low rise side rail scope mount , Belarus, and it fits my Saiga fine but won't slide all the way on  my Romainian AK. Any ideas? The Romainan is only about a month old and seems to have the updated siderail per this link.

Its a great link for side mount ID.

http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/opticsap.html

Lee

follow up......... I had to take a file to the Romainan side rail. If you want to know more,  email me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 10:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TX-Zen] [#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2008 9:40:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: garum] [#5]
not as simple as the tutorial suggests.  The clip will not come off the mount on mine...do I use more force or send it back?

Never mind.  It took some jiggling and some globbed paint became unstuck and it did come off...
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
So... What happens if u over tighten... Ummmmm... my bad
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.akoptics.com.

Link Posted: 12/13/2009 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I took my SGL20 with the Leapers UTG937 it's the non lever one with the three Allen head screws. The $25 one many think is cheaply made of poor quality material and will quickly fail in service. I quickly slipped it on my SGL20 and tightened the three screws. Mounted my 553 EOTech on it's 1913 rail.

Both the mount and the EOTech. fit tight and solid. Getting it zeroed in just took maybe 10rds. I was able to get really good groups for my old eyes. Mostly because of the quality of the EOTech.

Anyway to make a long story short,after over 200rds fired, The leapers mount was still fitting solid with no material failures. Allen screws still tight,they never needed to be tightened again.

So maybe I am the only lucky person who ever bought a Leapers mount.
Link Posted: 5/7/2010 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been satisfied with both UTG 978 3 allen screw and the 978 quick detach. Both remain solid after alittle more than 300 rounds
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 12:47:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks very much for posting this, I'm glad I finally found it. Picked up a PK23 for my SGL-31 but side mount was super sloppy, scope rattled around. Also had problems with batteries dying too early (I think user error, accidentally keeping it on lowest setting rather than in the off position). I wrote the thing off.

Now I've read that tutorial I was able to adjust the side mount to be super solid, no more rattle. Very easy to do. The PK 23 may be worth keeping after all. If nothing else the mount is worth keeping now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By pyrewyrm:
I have been satisfied with both UTG 978 3 allen screw and the 978 quick detach. Both remain solid after alittle more than 300 rounds

I have both the Allen screw and the Lever type UTG both are simple to attach to the AKs rail both stay solid and both keep my sights in zero.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top