Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/3/2017 2:25:47 AM EDT
So I legitimately have been staying up late wrestling with the idea of putting a red dot or 3x scope on my AK (WASR-10 with MOE magpul). I have a few questions and would like anyone and everyone to chime in if you can...

1. Should I go with a quick detach rail like the midwest industries or rs regulate, or just go with a hand guard rail like the midwest industries? Any other suggestions?

2. Should I go with a regular red dot or get a primary arms 3x prism scope? Any other suggestions?

3. I really enjoy the idea of a Zhukov side folder, should I possibly think of selling my WASR-10 and get a PSAK47 which is only $600 and supposedly more accurate? I haven't really been able to test my WASR on accuracy as I have no mount for it and have only shot irons. I feel I could easily sell it for what the PSAK costs. Any other suggestions???

Thank you all in advance, feel free to share any and all other ideas, and I apologize if this has been discussed before, tried searching for one
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If you go with a red dot I doubt you will see any supposed difference in accuracy between those two rifles.

The prevailing wisdom is that as long as your sights arent canted (which can be fixed) and you dont have a lemon a European AK is always superior to any US made AK.

I personally love the RS regulate mounts because theyre as low as it gets, lightweight and inherently  QD/ return to zero.  I like to shoot irons as much as optics, so it makes sense from a recreational perspective as well as a zombie time insurance policy.

I dont own red dots because of astigmatism so I cant give you anything regarding that other than a personal observation: I am *personally* just as fast at close range with a  dot (when I wear my glasses) as I am with  the Binden Aiming Concept using  my Browe 4x prism. BAC takes some practice and some for some people its just a hurdle that they cant cross.  YMMV

You can put the Zhukov on the WASR just fine.  Theyre my preferred stock on my Vz58s as well. The fact that they fold to the right synergises well with using side rail mounts.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]
For me, if it's a magnified optic, a side mount. Otherwise I'd rather have a red dot over the handguard.

Hand guard mount isn't in the way of the receiver cover, easier to clear/inspect if there's no optic mount to remove.

The TWS dogleg is a nice compromise though. Never installed one but it's on my wish list. My PAK 9 came with a railed hinged receiver cover and the more I use it, the more I like it.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top