Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2010 4:05:12 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with one of these, thinking about it for a Bulgarian AK 74.     This one

Any other suggestions for a good optic for a fixed stock AK74?
Link Posted: 6/6/2010 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#1]
That is probably a rock solid scope, NPZ makes a very good product.  The FOV of that scope is fairly impressive for what it is.

If you can live with fixed magnification, this is an excellent value.

I own a few NPZ optics and the quality and toughness is as good or better than any other Combloc optic out there.

Link Posted: 6/8/2010 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I want one as well. I'm thinking this would be ideal for my Saiga 308 project.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 6:40:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have yet to see anyone post a review on these newer PSO variables.  I wish someone would get one and review it.  I'm betting they're good scopes.  I wish these were available when I was shopping for an optic for my PAP, I would have picked one up.  Went with a fixed power PSO.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, if you get one please post some pics.  The concern I have is with the PSO AK clamp.  It does not use the POSP V clamp, but a modified SVD clamp with the stop pin at the rear instead of the front - so my concern is one of eye relief.  The V clamp fixes the eye relief problem; I am not sure the PSO AK clamp does.  Of course if this is the case you could always fit it with the V clamp.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, if you get one please post some pics.  The concern I have is with the PSO AK clamp.  It does not use the POSP V clamp, but a modified SVD clamp with the stop pin at the rear instead of the front .

Does that mean the scopes slide onto the side rail from the front as opposed to pushing them on from the rear of the rifle?
Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/8/2010 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, if you get one please post some pics.  The concern I have is with the PSO AK clamp.  It does not use the POSP V clamp, but a modified SVD clamp with the stop pin at the rear instead of the front .

Does that mean the scopes slide onto the side rail from the front as opposed to pushing them on from the rear of the rifle?

Thanks.

No, scope still slides on from the rear.

Link Posted: 6/9/2010 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

No, scope still slides on from the rear.

Got it, thanks.
TIU, did you order this scope?
Link Posted: 6/11/2010 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Well someone should give it a try.
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#9]
kalinka was showing they were out of stock on the low power variable scopes
Link Posted: 6/12/2010 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#10]
not yet
Link Posted: 6/14/2010 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm waiting to see if the " ships in 2-3 weeks " ever becomes " In stock "..................
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://binoculars.ru/images/isight/15-45x16b.jpg

Well someone should give it a try.

Damn, with the 100% Russian text how did you even find that on their site?

To be honest, I don't even recall.
Also found a youtube with the optic a few days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZn7-uu9BQ&feature=related

Link Posted: 7/8/2010 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought one from Kalinka about 3 years ago. I like my Warsaw stocks but you'll have to go with a Nato length since it does sit far back. Wish the 600 meter reticle would be placed on more scopes. But it really needs to be redone. The x16 is too small it should be x24 because with the 16 is like having tunnel vision.  When adjusting the power the reticle would move off to a side and didn't stay centered. The scope should be moved forward about 2 inches. I've since sold the scope.
Link Posted: 7/8/2010 1:39:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bought one from Kalinka about 3 years ago. I like my Warsaw stocks but you'll have to go with a Nato length since it does sit far back. Wish the 600 meter reticle would be placed on more scopes. But it really needs to be redone. The x16 is too small it should be x24 because with the 16 is like having tunnel vision.  When adjusting the power the reticle would move off to a side and didn't stay centered. The scope should be moved forward about 2 inches. I've since sold the scope.

This is what I figured.  I have seen a picture of a forward type clamp on a PSO, but have never seen one for sale here.  

Something like this would give the low height benefit of the SVD clamp and the forward benefit of the V clamp.  The only problem I have with the V clamp is how it raises the optic too high.
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:22:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone read russian?

http://vendettawarfare.clan.su/forum/9-27-1

What info do you need from the site?
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top