Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 4:47:54 PM EDT
so i was at a gun show today, and there was a sweet looking milled Arsenal in 7.62 (dont recall the actual model number though). included with it was a poly waffle mag, and it didnt have any steelinforcement plates on the lips or anything. i was somewhat confused and looked at it, and lo and behold it had the little circle-ten insignia near the rib, so i knew it wasnt a promag. arent the bulgarian ones supposed to have steel feed lips and such?

(BTW, the rifle was only $700, NIB! sweet ass deal if you ask me, wish i had that kind of cash)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Was this a 30 rd mag?

All the ones I ever owned had the metal reinforcement.
The 5 rd Arsenal mags have the insert also.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
so i was at a gun show today, and there was a sweet looking milled Arsenal in 7.62 (dont recall the actual model number though). included with it was a poly waffle mag, and it didnt have any steelinforcement plates on the lips or anything. i was somewhat confused and looked at it, and lo and behold it had the little circle-ten insignia near the rib, so i knew it wasnt a promag. arent the bulgarian ones supposed to have steel feed lips and such?

(BTW, the rifle was only $700, NIB! sweet ass deal if you ask me, wish i had that kind of cash)

Is it possible that the mag was brand new? If so, it's the plastic probably hadn't been worn through yet, which would have revealed the steel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
yea it was a 30 rounder. it also looked like it had some scratches where the plates would have been, like someone ground them off. but that wouldnt make any sense at all...i picked it up and had a good look at it and it didnt seem like they were just hidden under a layer of plastic.

wierd.

maybe promag has been makin some counterfit circle-10s
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#4]
have you tried a magnet to see if it sticks to the inside of the lips?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
i cant say i had a magnet on my person at the time. i usually dont think to bring one with when i go to a gun show, but ill keep that in mind next time i come across one.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i cant say i had a magnet on my person at the time. i usually dont think to bring one with when i go to a gun show, but ill keep that in mind next time i come across one.

sorry, i read your posts and somehow thought you had the mag in hand
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
thats quite alright. i wouldve gone back to the show with one to check (this is really buggin me you know) but it the show has, sadly, moved on now...
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top