Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/13/2005 4:28:35 PM EDT
New to AKs, looking for the best way(s) to carry 30 round 7.62x39 mags. For range use and possible SHTF.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Romy, 40 round, 4 mag pouches can hold 30s or 40s, has belt loops and shoulder strap. Interordnance has 'em unissued for $4.95. Check 'em out on their site. I've got 8 of them now, all full and luv 'em. Madtechcool
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
New to AKs, looking for the best way(s) to carry 30 round 7.62x39 mags. For range use and possible SHTF.

Thanks

Cheapest way I have found that is actually for AK mags!

10 for 14.90!

Link
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
damn, thats a good price
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:16:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The old Warsaw Pact canvas pouches and chest rigs are good and cheap to haul your mags around and for the range, but for SHTF situation I would rather have something like these since your life is at stake and you don’t want your gear to cause an unnecessary problem. Enough of those appear on their own.

www.reconmarines.com/pd_eagle_industries_chest_pouch.cfm
Guy in my unit used one of these in Iraq and liked it  pretty much.

www.russiancombatgear.com/tacticalvests.php

www.skdtac.com/category.asp?CATEGORYID=71

Or you can go the MOLLE route, which personally I prefer because you can change it around as needed.

www.reconmarines.com/pd_molle_style_rhodesian.cfm
www.centuriontactical.com/molle-gear.htm

Just be careful with the Blackhawk stuff because the quality is sometimes missing. Paraclete stuff is good, just $$$.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Stalker, could you look at your links, they seem to go to a blank page

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#6]
For range use, get an ammo can.  The ones for .50 cal are a good size. Just going from your car's trunk out to the firing line, right?

For SHTF, get a ChiCom chest pouch (and a conch shell for signalling).

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I got the conch shell. Any idea where I can get the chest pouch? Then I can work on finding a hat like that. That's got to be the ultimate SHTF hat.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, the hat is good for shielding your brain from the UN mind-controlling rays.

I don't know any dealers that stock the ChiCom pouches. I got mine off our EE here. Truly superb piece of gear.

But it didn't do this guy any good...

(Borrowed picture from "Jizzmonkey" on militaryphotos.net)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I think i'll start off with a chicom chest rig and move up later on. How many mags do those hold and what should I expect to pay?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#10]
The chicom chest rigs are the best all around pouch. The bear the load well and just look very cool. Next to the chest pouch I like the East bloc belt and shoulder strap pouches.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#11]
You can get ones that holds 3, 4, or 6.

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top