Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/29/2003 7:12:18 PM EDT
Are chinese 30 round mags generally considered good magazines??  I didn't think it really mattered, but recently saw them advertised in Shotgun News for 44.95 a piece.  So are they that good or just harder to find recently?  

I like them because they don't have the rib like E. German mags.  Seems no ones interested in metal mags anymore though judging by all the threads regarding Waffle mags.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The Chinese mags make a great addition to a Chinese AK. They aren't as tough as the Bulgarian, EG, etc. steel mags but they're tough enough. I have a few that are all dented and beaten, still work fine. 45 bucks a piece is too pricey unless it is some sort of rare Chinese AK mag, new Chinese 30rders normally go for around 10-15 bucks new.

The Kollector
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
There is NO damn reason a Chinese mag would cost nearly $50!

The only way that's possible is if its a "Slab-Side" magazine. Meaning to ribs going done each side.

And the only reason those would be more because they are rare and collectors items.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The Chinese military ribbed or fin back steel mags can fetch around 50 dollars plus depending on condition as they're rare but there is no reason why the common Chinese steel mag would be worth 50 bucks.

The Kollector
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Man thats a lot of $ for chicom  AK mags.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
ive got the ribbed chinese. bought them years ago for $5 a pop. also got my 75 rd drum for $29
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top