Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2017 2:10:54 PM EDT
Years ago I was cautioned about Tapco mags. Now I see that some Mini-14 owners have had positive results with them.

So, how about the Tapco AK mags? Specifically in my PAP-92. I have a mix of Euro steel mags but I would like to try out some polymers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have any.

All my mags are surplus commie mags. 

Why buy plastic when you can have the real thing? But that's me.
View Quote
Because as I said in the OP I have plenty of surplus steel mags and I want to try something modern. Use what you want.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have seen a few posts on here saying they never had problems with them and some saying they had feeding problems and stopped using them or had to replace the spring with a stronger one.  I've never used them myself (see above - surplus 7.62x39 mags are cheap, and I already have a bunch of 5.45 surplus mags).
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had some feeding problems though them. Some of mine are worse than others and some are fine. They're mostly fine for range use. I just chalked them off as a loss and bought PMAGS and couldn't be happier with them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive had tapcos that fit like a dream and function 100% for years in my draco sbr. Ae mags wont lock up in my 107fr
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used Tapco Mags in my SA M-7 and my SLR-95 for yrs and have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Find some US Palm mags if you want something other than commie mags. Tapco is the only thing I've had issues with in my Saiga
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:10:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Usually someone will have Tapcos dirt cheap. But Academy usually carries them in stock if you want to try one before buying a truckload.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Tapcos are some of the few US made AK products I like and use. My buddy used and abused just 6 of the older Intrafuse mags with his Arsenal SGL-21 for years and they still work, no cracks despite zero steel reinforcement. I also used his setup for a day and was impressed so I bought 10 smoothside Tapcos on sale from Primary Arms when I eventually got my own AK. Smoothsides look way nicer than the Intrafuse waffles and they are just as tough, they are my range mags while I keep all my surplus steel and Bakelites for SHTF.

Tapcos are very tough mags and can be easily found for under $10 new so why not?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I've gotten the Tapco Intrafuse slabsides for $6 or less a mag and they all work great for how I use them. I don't "train" with them or abuse them, but just set them down on the table after a mag change and keep firing. I have plenty of com bloc mags as well as moe magpul ones. They all shoot fine
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#12]
None of the Tapcos fit my two AK 47's. Any steel works great.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 12:16:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Of all the "Tapco" Crap, the AK mags actually work very well in my AKs (x4 in 7.62x39)

They are not "Combat Grade" because they are plastic feedlips and the front and rear lock tabs...

But for general weekend blasting and fun, they are affordable and work well.

If I had to use my AK as in "Save my life or others I cared about" I'll use European WARSAW Pact Steel mags...
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top