Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/9/2017 3:51:56 AM EDT
I Don't have enough mags, I have 27 Hungarian & 2 Bakelites..... I know it's  disgrace

So I wanna fix that!

I'm looking to buy 15-20 more mags and I don't know what to buy

WhataCountry - Hungarian 30rd
Or
AIM Surplus - Polish 30rd

What would you guys recommend? Stick with the Hungarian mags or try the Polish ones?

Polish would be cheaper at $10 a pop, and the Hung would run $14-15 a piece?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Go with the cheaper ones....its a ak, either one would be good.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 14 ((10)) 30 rounders, and 2 ((10)) 40 rounders... I started stocking up when they were about $25, on up to about $40... They can still be found, but cheapest I see is $45 (for a standard 30 rounder).

That sucks, but IMHO, these are the best AK mags to be had.

Polymer, with full-steel reinforcement.

FYI, what is meant by 'full steel' is they are reinforced as per Bulgarian military standard. Which I find to be at LEAST on par with Russian spec, if not better. Full cage feed lips, locking lugs, down the front, and around the bottom.

This gives you a good mix of polymer and steel, which coupled together gives you a strong mag. As well as being a little lighter than the all-steel old school AK mags. Nothing wrong with all steel, but they are heavier. So I save a few ounces, and am not sacrificing durability; so win = win.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If they still have some, the Yugo mags at AIM are a great deal, 9 bucks a pop if you buy ten or more. 6 of my 10 were unissued and perfect, and the others were VG or better.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll second the recommendation for Yugos from AIM.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with AIM's Yugos. I've grab 40 now and not a single problem with any of them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they still have some, the Yugo mags at AIM are a great deal, 9 bucks a pop if you buy ten or more. 6 of my 10 were unissued and perfect, and the others were VG or better.
View Quote

I got them for just over $8 each with the discount code yesterday

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Well thanks for the input guys, I never really liked the thought of the bolt hold open feature but the quailtiy and price point has me

ETA I just checked AIM and they $17.41 for Shipping 11 mags!?!?!

Are they on something??? $17.41 for 11 mags is pretty high, is this the normal with AIM? Also any free shipping codes or anything that will bring the price down?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
And the code is?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well thanks for the input guys, I never really liked the thought of the bolt hold open feature but the quailtiy and price point has me

Are they on something??? $17.41 for 11 mags is pretty high, is this the normal with AIM? Also any free shipping codes or anything that will bring the price down?
View Quote

This is why I love living close to them- they have a pick up option- but yeah that seems about normal for them, I believe it is around $11 for items shipped directly to me and I live 30 minutes away....
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And the code is?  
View Quote

aim20years

Takes 10% off your order. Code is still working at the time of this post

Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

aim20years

Takes 10% off your order. Code is still working at the time of this post

View Quote

Thanks for the code, for that shipping cost, I'll just run by their shop on my visit home.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got them for just over $8 each with the discount code yesterday

View Quote

I saw that, i'm seriously full up on AK mags or I would have snagged some more. Great deal, best i've seen since they had the chugos a few years ago.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Message Bryan or call them and ask for USPS shipping instead of UPS, it dropped my shipping from from 21 bucks to 10, you can message Bryan on here with your order number and he'll change it for you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Message Bryan or call them and ask for USPS shipping instead of UPS, it dropped my shipping from from 21 bucks to 10, you can message Bryan on here with your order number and he'll change it for you.
View Quote
thanks for the heads up, I gotta wait a few weeks to buy some but I'll call them when I do
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered 30 of the Yugos from AIM and 13 were new.  I think they are new if they don't have ANY marks on the front or rear lugs and no marks on the follower.  4 others had no marks on the front or rear lugs but had slight marks on the followers like they had been loaded but not put in a gun.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered 13 of the Yugo mags from AIM.

All were new except 2 mags,all were covered in sloppy cosmoline which cleaned up fairly quickly with some old rags and WD-40

Great deal as i only paid $8.05 each
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah they're still 8.05 each with the code.  I got a chinese mag in my latest batch that has a stamped rear tab, never seen one of those before.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah they're still 8.05 each with the code.  I got a chinese mag in my latest batch that has a stamped rear tab, never seen one of those before.
View Quote

Nice score on the Chicom mag

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

An all-stamped chicom like this? :
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Any of you guys tried the blem Croatian 30 rd steel mags?  Palmetto Armory has them http://palmettostatearmory.com/case-of-42-blem-croatian-ak-47-7-62x39mm-30rd-capacity-magazine-steel-w-bolt-hold-open.html in a case of 42 for $229.99 plus shipping.  That is less than $6.00 a mag delivered.  I was thinking of buying a couple of cases at that price but I don't know how they are.  I don't what to lay out over $460 for 84 mags and be junk.  Anyone try them?

Scott
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any of you guys tried the blem Croatian 30 rd steel mags?  Palmetto Armory has them http://palmettostatearmory.com/case-of-42-blem-croatian-ak-47-7-62x39mm-30rd-capacity-magazine-steel-w-bolt-hold-open.html in a case of 42 for $229.99 plus shipping.  That is less than $6.00 a mag delivered.  I was thinking of buying a couple of cases at that price but I don't know how they are.  I don't what to lay out over $460 for 84 mags and be junk.  Anyone try them?

Scott
View Quote
Buyer beware on those mags.

I personally wont buy them for $1 each,too many people having fitment issues with them in different rifles.

Some will say its just a little bit of filing on the lugs to make them fit,buy quality surplus mags like Yugo,Polish,Hungarian,Chinese,Romy before these

Check out this thread and decide for yourself.If you buy some i would only buy a few before getting a few cases to try out.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_55/162693_Mag-deal.html
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:16:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I just got 24 of the Yugo's from AIM. Most were pretty good shape. One is a turd: worn finish to shiny metal, bent baseplate area,  rusted spots. I will try to take it back and see if they will swap me....I am local but I've never been there...always mail order!

They were covered in Cosmo. I hadn't dealt with that since my SKS from childhood!
It took a few hours of labor and mineral spirits to get the gunk off.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I saw new Bulgarian steel 30 rd mags for sale at CDNN (pretty sure it was there and can't remember the price but they weren't outrageous).  They looked to be dead ringers for the Cold War era surplus mags with the exception of the polymer followers.  I'd prefer steel followers but that wouldn't be a deal breaker considering the price.   Check CDNN's website for details.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top