Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2010 5:10:43 PM EDT
I have a chicom 75 round drum with an AR feed tower that is broken. It will not wind up, at all. I have a normal chinese AK drum that I have used succesfully so I know its not an opperational error, this thing is broken. Is there an easy way to take this thing apart? I have looked it over closely and it appears the ratchet/spring mechanism is not meant to be disassembled. Since this thing is useless as is, I'm not all that worried about ruining it. I have a welder and full assortment of tools so I'm not afraid of tearing into it, but I dont want to FUBAR it from the start. Anyone had to do something like this before or have specific recomendations on how to go about it? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I would ask over on theakforum
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the same thing happen on a SKS drum mag I had, it ended up that the spring was broken.  The "T" shaped button in in the center un screws but is may be pretty tight, the thread is normal right hand.  After unscrewing it the bullet guide and internals will lift out.  I ended up overlapping the spring where it broke and soldering it back together on mine an it works. Good luck.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top