Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:27:50 PM EDT
Hey guys, I have a sh*tpot of this stuff and have not gotten around to fire it in my Mak yet. What is your experience with it? I have been told many times (not sure if true though) that this stuff jams in Mak 90's..has this happened to anyone? I'm saving this stuff just in case the sh*t hits the fan becasue I know it'll expand.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Its total junk, I was duped into buying 500 rds of it a few years ago and my AK HATED it, jammed every other round. So i ended up shooting it up in my SKS which seemed to feed it with no problems. Stick to FMJ and FMJ only especially for SHTF ammo.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have personally shot this ammo in 5 different rifles. An SKS "Paratrooper", an SKS-D, a Russian Tula arsenal SKS, an SAR-1, & a Polish underfolder. I have not experienced one single malfunction of any kind in any weapon. I still have about a thousand rounds of it, and my only complaint is the boxes are rotten and falling apart.  Have 2 friends who bought it in the early 90's when abundant around the time I did and they mostly shoot it in SKS rifles, no complaints from them either.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the update...I plan to go this weekend and try a box.  Let's hope I don't have any problems or I;ll be the one swearing at the other end of the range.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the update...I plan to go this weekend and try a box.  Let's hope I don't have any problems or I;ll be the one swearing at the other end of the range.

if you do experiance problems let me know i will buy the remaining lot off of you
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top