Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2006 9:58:06 AM EDT
Hello
I was wondering if the wolf soft point has a dfferent point of inpact than the FMJ. Has anyone compaired the two?

Also...has Wolf the changed their Soft Point round lately?

Thanks,
Medic 0372
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:36:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MEDIC-0372:
Hello
I was wondering if the wolf soft point has a dfferent point of inpact than the FMJ. Has anyone compaired the two?

Also...has Wolf the changed their Soft Point round lately?

Thanks,
Medic 0372

Not really sure about this, Although I do not personally prefer soft points, as they are the only rounds that I get occasional feeding problems with. No problems ever with hp or fmj.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:24:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:21:04 AM EDT
Not an official test but have observed differences in the way they impact. Was shooting a 10lb propane tank first with Wolf FMJ and could tell it was hitting because it would move it.

Then starting using Wolf 154 gr SP and they hammered it. It knocked it over and rolled it. The follow up shots all had a similar results in that it would roll and knock that propane tank all over the place.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:42:00 AM EDT
I was just shooting 123grn SP yesterday and someone noticed that the primers were getting really recessed compared to the standard HP wolf. It seemed to have a little more kick too, point of impact was a little to the right of the HP round.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the SP in the same weight being a little hotter than FMJ or HP?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:59:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By RS39:
They seem to have dropped the 154gr model, which shot about the same to 100 but dropped harder after.

Really? They don't make this anymore?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:04:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 5:05:25 PM EDT by briang2ad]
I have a post on this board already. Not much response to it. The SP I used seemed hotter, and kicked harder. It also seemed that they heated up the barrel very quickly. I was shooting Wolf 123 gr. They do seem "hotter", and not as accurate.
Top Top