Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/18/2006 9:58:06 AM EDT
Hello
I was wondering if the wolf soft point has a dfferent point of inpact than the FMJ.  Has anyone compaired the two?

Also...has Wolf  the changed their Soft Point round lately?

Thanks,
Medic 0372
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello
I was wondering if the wolf soft point has a dfferent point of inpact than the FMJ.  Has anyone compaired the two?

Also...has Wolf  the changed their Soft Point round lately?

Thanks,
Medic 0372

Not really sure about this, Although I do not personally prefer soft points, as they are the only rounds that I get occasional feeding problems with.  No problems ever with hp or fmj.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Not an official test but have observed differences in the way they impact. Was shooting a 10lb propane tank first with Wolf FMJ and could tell it was hitting because it would move it.

Then starting using Wolf 154 gr SP and they hammered it. It knocked it over and rolled it.  The follow up shots all had a similar results in that it would roll and knock that propane tank all over the place.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I was just shooting 123grn SP yesterday and someone noticed that the primers were getting really recessed compared to the standard HP wolf. It seemed to have a little more kick too, point of impact was a little to the right of the HP round.

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the SP in the same weight being a little hotter than FMJ or HP?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
They seem to have dropped the 154gr model, which shot about the same to 100 but dropped harder after.

Really?  They don't make this anymore?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a post on this board already.   Not much response to it.  The SP I used seemed hotter, and kicked harder.  It also seemed that they heated up the barrel very quickly.  I was shooting Wolf 123 gr.  They do seem "hotter", and not as accurate.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top