Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:56:18 PM EDT
I went to the range recently with my SAR-1 and brought along my own ammo (Wolf 7.62 x 39 122 GR. FMJ Steel Case Non-Corrosive). I told the tech that i had my own ammuntion and he asked if he could inspect it. Upon doing so he told me that i couldnt use this on their range (which didnt bother me) and that this type of ammuntion is hard on my barrel. Is this true or does this guy not know what he is talking about. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is this true or does this guy not know what he is talking about.

You anwsered your own question.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you remind him you where shooting an AK
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:09:05 AM EDT
[#4]
wolf ammo hard on an ak barrel?? ahahahahahahahahaha..........ahahahahhaha
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:11:04 AM EDT
[#5]
AK's were designed to fire copper plated, steel jacketed ammo.  It's what they eat in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#6]
He probably just wanted to sell you their range ammo for $15 a box or something
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AK's were designed to fire copper plated, steel jacketed ammo.  It's what they eat in the wild.

I like your way with words, my friend...That would make a good sig-line.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ranges worried about AP chewing up their gear do not allow ammo flunking the magnet test. Wolf does make an all-copper jacket version that costs about 10% more and has a half-yellow box label.

Do they still make that stuff? It's been a L-O-O-O-N-G time since I've seen any of it...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
wolf ammo hard on an ak barrel?? ahahahahahahahahaha..........ahahahahhaha

+1,
Wolf and my AK are good friends!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I went to the range recently with my SAR-1 and brought along my own ammo (Wolf 7.62 x 39 122 GR. FMJ Steel Case Non-Corrosive). I told the tech that i had my own ammuntion and he asked if he could inspect it. Upon doing so he told me that i couldnt use this on their range (which didnt bother me) and that this type of ammuntion is hard on my barrel. Is this true or does this guy not know what he is talking about. Thanks in advance!

HEY!  Be careful, the range master is absolutely correct.  That stuff will ruin your barrel.  PLUS it is hazadous waste.  Box it up and send it to me for proper disposal.  I'll take care of that nasty ammo.  No charge as I am willing to help you out AND save your barrel.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top