Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:20:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 9:23:01 AM EDT by TOW2B]
I took a look at my backorder notice I received by mail and the price was different. From $52.00 to $71.00. I checked my email confirmation and the price showed $52.00. I called SG and asked about the difference and they said that the $71.00 amount was the correct amount. I asked them why the order I placed in November and received in January with the same product number showed $52.00 a can. I gave them the order number and they verified the dollar amount. I caught them changing the price on me. They would not give me the price that I ordered for but for a price of $57.00 for the same spam can. They said that they would have to charge me the amount of $71.00 and then give me a refund for the difference. I will be out of town for the next few weeks with work and I wont be around to check the shipping order when it arrives. I will most likely drop the order and place another for the FMJ spam can for a few bucks more and know that I wont have to deal with a possible problem in the future. So if you ordered a spam can under the product number AX5A-78159 you might want to check to see if you are not getting hit with another price. Some folks here have already had this problem so heads up.

Edit to add that the lady I talked to was very nice and polite.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:03:58 AM EDT
What day did you order yours? Around here the orders were late Oct to first week of Nov and everybody got theirs in at the cheap price.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:05:49 AM EDT
My two cans were ordered 12/13/05 and received 1/17/06. Price was 52.22 each.

R
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:21:04 AM EDT
The first 4 cans I ordered 6 Nov 05 and received them 13 Jan 06. I then placed another order for 6 more cans on 14 Jan 06. I ordered them off of information from the ammo section on this site. I know that they changed their prices on the URL that everybody has been using. I believe they just did not want to sell me the cans at $52.00 because they offer the same product for the $71.00 price that is shown on their web page. The lady said that the $52.00 price was an email special and not a normal web site offer based on the product code. A web site offer starts with an XW and the product number for the $52.00 cans started with a AX. Oh well I really wanted FMJ stuff so I will most likely reorder. I did check on the other orders of ammo and the price has not changed. This is just a heads up for people that ordered the spam cans, that they may see a different price and be on the look out.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:04:58 PM EDT
I just received my backorder notice from them for three cases, two of the $75 per case deal and it says the right price for them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:46:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 3:46:45 AM EDT by TOW2B]
I ordered 5 case of the $75.00 case. Since I was on the phone with them I verified that price and it had not changed. Just to make sure they did not bump the price on that item as well. It was just the $52.00 spam cans they changed. I just ordered 6 more of th FMJ spam cans to replace the order I droped.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:22:47 AM EDT
My price hasn't changed but they pushed out the date on my 2 $75 cases from 2/13 to 2/20 :(
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:04:31 PM EDT
I experienced the same problem with 3 HP spam cans I ordered at the beginning of January. I called SG and they would not honor the $52 price even after the operator discussed it with her "supervisor". They did offer to knock $10 off the total order. I didn't make it a big issue and just cancelled the order because I didn't really need the HP after ordering 5 cases of the $75/case FMJ. But you I will certainly make it a big issue if they get squirrely on the FMJ cases.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:58:53 AM EDT
I had the same experiance. They tried to claim that the price was the 'members' price. I told them that was BS. The person just remained silent and offered to cancel my order. I said fine, and will not do business with these bait-n-switch aholes.

Another member said they accept the higher order and then contact their credit card and dispute the difference. They said that SG then gives them a refund.

I personally just don't like their style of business, so I'm finished with them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:16:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GilaMonster:
I had the same experiance. They tried to claim that the price was the 'members' price. I told them that was BS. The person just remained silent and offered to cancel my order. I said fine, and will not do business with these bait-n-switch aholes.

Another member said they accept the higher order and then contact their credit card and dispute the difference. They said that SG then gives them a refund.

I personally just don't like their style of business, so I'm finished with them.

I won't buy from them because every time I ordered from them, something wasn't as advertised. I ended up eating return shipping costs. Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me, screw me 5 times in a row...finally learned my lesson and won't buy from them no matter how good the deal is.
Top Top