Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/31/2005 4:02:13 AM EDT
The local gunstore has 800 round cases of this ammo for $160.00.  They say it's brass cases, but other than that they didn't have much information.

Anybody know anything about this as I don't remember anyone posting about Olympic ammo?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The .223 stuff is absolute garbage.  If you want to test it out  buy a couple of boxes and if it works for you get more.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I have some and it has ran fine in My Polytech, Arsenal and my Gordon Tech with O problems.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#4]
If any of you all come across the boxer primed 762x39 let me know I could use the brass cases for reloading, let me know what you want for them
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used Olympic 9mm ammo in some pistols and an UZI.  The brass is cheap and not very sturdy, I got flakes of brass in the firing pin hole of my Browning Hi-Power causing it not to fire.  The ammo was also not very powerful.  You could hear the UZI slow down on full auto when using the Olympic compared to any other 9mm I tried.  I still have over 2,000 rds of this crap and am in no rush to shoot it.  I have not tried their rifle ammo but don't plan on it either.  Just my $0.02

[

Ron
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have used Olympic 9mm ammo in some pistols and an UZI.  The brass is cheap and not very sturdy, I got flakes of brass in the firing pin hole of my Browning Hi-Power causing it not to fire.  The ammo was also not very powerful.  You could hear the UZI slow down on full auto when using the Olympic compared to any other 9mm I tried.  I still have over 2,000 rds of this crap and am in no rush to shoot it.  I have not tried their rifle ammo but don't plan on it either.  Just my $0.02

[

Ron

Funny you mention the brass in the firing pin hole. The same thing happed to me with a Ruger pistol and Olympic 9mm.  I also experienced the same rate of fire inconsistancies with my Uzi SMG.

As far as their .223 stuff goes, I've used 2k of what I have with no problems at all. I've used it in a Ruger AC556 and it fires just fine.

I couldn't wait to fire all the 9mm stuff up just to get rid of it......what are you waiting for?

Never tried the 7.62x39 stuff......have too much Wolf stockpiled.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The 7.62x39 is UTTER crap.

Think Wolf is bad?

This is worse. Terrible accuracy, every round sounds different, and it's just plain dirty. At least Wolf tends to be somewhat consistant.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:00:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I will use the Olympic ammo for training purposes where I do not have to worry about the gun working or picking up the brass.  It will get used eventually.  

Ron
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I shot Olympic 7.62x39 from my WASR-10 almost exclusively with 0 problems.  Dunno what everyone is complaining about.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

[

Ron

Not my experience with the Olympic 9mm Ammo
I had a few FTF's but the Ammo was hotter than my Winchester Duty Ammo
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top