User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:52:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
For every 1000 rounds you order, you get two .50 ammo cans.

They still come in the 20 round boxes (actually comes in the 500 plastic pak, 25 boxes to a pak, 20 rounds to a box.)

Oh, that makes it that much better.  I thought they were loose rounds.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this ammo the NEW Non-Laquered ammo?    

Has anyone ordered this deal and gotten the laquered ammo?  (I'd prefer the new stuff)

Also, I've got an Arsenal Sam-7 but never tried HP in it.  Anyone have problems shooting HP in their Arsenals?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Both shipments that I received were the new Wolf ammo.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got my order today...........WooHoo!!

Not bad for ordering on Monday at 3:00 pm.

Lucky for you.  I ordered Wednesday.  So far, when I click on the tracking link they sent me, I just get "Billing Information Received".  That was the middle of last week, and they still haven't bothered to ship it yet.  

I guess I'll get mine someday.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Got my order today...........WooHoo!!

Not bad for ordering on Monday at 3:00 pm.

Lucky for you.  I ordered Wednesday.  So far, when I click on the tracking link they sent me, I just get "Billing Information Received".  That was the middle of last week, and they still haven't bothered to ship it yet.  

I guess I'll get mine someday.

Call them up and complain. MY order is not moved in a few days. Katrina is screwing things up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Lucky for you.  I ordered Wednesday.  So far, when I click on the tracking link they sent me, I just get "Billing Information Received".  That was the middle of last week, and they still haven't bothered to ship it yet.  hr

Mine hasnt shipped either :(

I just emailed Customer service to see what's going on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is this ammo the NEW Non-Laquered ammo?    

Has anyone ordered this deal and gotten the laquered ammo?  (I'd prefer the new stuff)

Also, I've got an Arsenal Sam-7 but never tried HP in it.  Anyone have problems shooting HP in their Arsenals?

Thanks.

I got 1,000 rounds of FMJ from cabelas last week, around 94 bucks before shipping. It came in 2 plastic ammo cases.

The new ammo is not coated, at least mine wasn't coated at all.

I also just got an Arsenal SAM-7A1R a few weeks ago and I have been shooting 5 year old "coated" wolf HP through it with no problems whatsoever.... except some strange happenings with the old HPs I am running through it... so far I am having 0 expansion out of them, they act just like a FMJ round  ?

I don't know a lot about bullets and what they are supposed to do, but I recovered a few of those Wolf HPs that I was shooting into  a fresh cut pine tree, amongst other things, and they act like FMJs...  I have no clue ?

Anyway, shoot without fear. Wolf will do great... even HPs, no feed issues at all here. And you gotta love that 10¢ a round shit, aint it grand  

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]
well i got part of my order today. 1000 rounds shipped in a cardboard box. ammo and box were beat to shit to the point that there was loose rounds in the box. i am not very happy but it would cost too much to send it back. my first and last order from cabellas.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So maybe they're not that far behind.  Mine showed up today.  When I check the tracking details now, it shows "billing info received", and next is "out for delivery".  

What's funny is that it says it shipped UPS, but my wife tells me that the mailman dropped it off.  So is UPS subbing work out to the USPS now?  

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine showed up today, huge box with pristine ammo cans to boot!  89 bucks to my door...  I'm satisfied...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
well i got part of my order today. 1000 rounds shipped in a cardboard box. ammo and box were beat to shit to the point that there was loose rounds in the box. i am not very happy but it would cost too much to send it back. my first and last order from cabellas.

I've ordered mucho ammo from cabella's - never a problem.  Sorry you had the bad experience.  Maybe the guy in shipping was new and didn't properly pack the stuff.  UPS, FED EX is Notorious for beating the living crap out of packages.  

did you  buy the AMMO or the cardboard box?   10cents a round and you're focused on the cardboard box.  OK.    Bitch real loud to Cabellas so maybe they can raise their prices and get rid of the low end customers that bitch about cardboard boxes.   Also the ammo cans they send - open them up and some of them will have water in them.  the cans are army surplus.  I suspect that after the GIs use the contents they throw the cans in a pile.  The pile is eventually policed up (clean up) stacked and sold in large lots real cheap to people like cabellas.

GREAT BOXES even with the dings and water inside.  Open em up, wipe them out and spray them down with WD-40.  Good as new.

Ok, everyone now get back to bitching about slow shipping on your wonderfully cheap, high quailty ammo.      Babies.    

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#12]

What's funny is that it says it shipped UPS, but my wife tells me that the mailman dropped it off.  So is UPS subbing work out to the USPS now?  

Yep, UPS guy stops by the office everyday and drops a few things off. we deliver stuff for fedex and DHL too. It's usually small stuff like overnight letters, pills, ect. The transport some of our air shipments. The stuff we deliver will not have a UPS/Fedex lable on it.

Or, the mailman and the UPS guy could have been setting and having a beer or two when the UPS guy says " Shit, I have to take this heavy ass box of crap all the way up to GarrettJ's house cause he's too lazy to come down to the UPS distrobution center and pick it up himself". And the mailman says " Naw, I'm goin that way, hiccup, I take it for ya".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Got mine today, with a freebie deodorant in the box.. Do I stink?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Game over.  Cabellas is no longer honoring the 74.99 / 1000 rounds PLUS two free ammo cans.

New price is 95.00, plus a free plastic ammo can.

All good things eventually come to an end - Damn.   Someone Lock this thread - it's so depressing now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#15]
My order of 5000 rnds came today.  All but 2 out of 10 ammo cans are in great shape, almost new.

I am pleased.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top