Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/6/2003 7:19:10 PM EDT
the stuff that is packed in the sardine cans is it good ? does anybody know where to get some I seen it somewhere cheap for 750 rnds ...
but cant remember ?
thanks guys...
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
It's Uly.  Good stuff.  Here is the last thread on it.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=57538&w=searchPop

www.aimsurplus has it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks alot... do you think it's better then wolf ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
In this caliber, many of us have found that throwing rocks is better than Wolf.  That is not to say that Wolf will not work better in your rifle. Quality wise, Uly is much better, but that does not mean it will be the most accurate in every rifle.

Check out our thread above on 7.62X39 test results. It will give you a good idea on the differences in this caliber.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks alot...for the info hey I'm moving to ohio in june to forest park ,if close bye you can tell me some good places to shoot!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I am not familiar with Forest Park. Where is it in Ohio?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
If NE Ohio look up the Tusco Rifle Club.

Wolf is not my fave, but surprises happen. A friend tried his new unissued Yugo SKS last weekend and found 3" groups with Wolf fmj and 4" with Yugo surp. Go figure. Every gun has its pet load; we just try to post trends as best we can.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am not familiar with Forest Park. Where is it in Ohio?

Just outside of cincinnati...
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:39:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I know there are some really good ranges just north of Cincy.

Take a look in the Hometown Forum, go to the Ohio section. At the top there should a thread about Ohio shooting ranges.  If that does not help, just post the question in that forum, the guys in that area will help you out.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top