Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I saw that in their email.  "Mil-spec" just refers to the sealant and lacquered case, if I am reading it correctly.  This is not more similar to 7N6 (real military ammo) than something like Golden Tiger, is it?  GT also has sealant and a lacquered case and is 1 cent cheaper per round.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Makes sense - thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#4]
non corrosive?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
non corrosive?
View Quote
The description says non-corrosive
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Years ago I fired some Silver Bear into the ground. I pull the round out and it was bent over in the middle, indicating a hollow tip just like the original Russian. So I stocked up on the Silver Bear.

Now the Silver Bear is running low. I need to stock up. Does anyone know if this ammo from SG has a hollow tip?
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I got the 7.62x39 in the same packaging. I even bought some empty crates from SG to fill with spam cans that I bought years ago.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys, I'm new to the 5.45 dark side and would appreciate some ammo input.

Aside from the 7n6 master race (I assume this is still regarded the best), would you prefer the SGA surplus ammo mentioned above over the also highly regarded Golden Tiger? What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Not trying to start a fight, just asking a question--isn't this basically the same stuff that was $150/case back in the mid-2000"s?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not trying to start a fight, just asking a question--isn't this basically the same stuff that was $150/case back in the mid-2000"s?
View Quote
Looks the same - that's it.

That was 7n6 which was surplused ammo. Which is now banned.

This is new commercial production ammo which is not banned.

Making something to sell is more costly than cleaning out old ammo caches which was funded by the state during the soviet days. Thus the price difference.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Non-corrosive ,new production , lead core 60 grain vs the other stuff was several years old steel cored and corrosive and 53 grain. . oranges and tangerines . Close but not the same
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top