Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2006 3:14:18 PM EDT
I'd like to put a rear peepsight on my SAR-1 in the area where the original sight is. What suggestions would you have as I go about doing this? What would be the best way to go about installing either a pre-manufactured rear peep sight or one that I make myself?
(Example I came up with: solder a small washer to the original rear sight where the notch is cut.)
If anyone can best this, I'd like to hear it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:26:29 PM EDT
Redstar arms has the mojo....www.redstararms.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:09:09 PM EDT
I'll second Redstar Arms , good selection of hard to find AK products.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:35:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/6/2006 8:41:01 PM EDT by ozzy_the_nuke]
I ground off the part with the notch and welded on a bump of steel. Then drilled it and shaped it. Worked well. The washer would work easier of course. And if you glued it on, it would be easy to go back to the original if that ever became important to you.

I also have a MOJO and it works well. Its peep hole is .145 (about 9/64).

OBTW I also made a rear cover mounted peep out of a grease zerk and it works great because it is close to the eye where a peep belongs. I have two other cover mounted peep sights. A Krebs and one taken off a Norinco hunter. As you can tell, I like the peeps better than the original.

What I want to know is: Where do I get that scope mount at the top of the Redstar page? (The one with the EOTech mounted to it).
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:22:51 AM EDT
I looked at the MOJO sight. The $70 seemed a bit pricey. Does it work using a red dot of some sort, or is it just the hole through which you look, like a regular peep sight?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:21:35 PM EDT
It is just a peep sight. You look through a hole.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:01:05 PM EDT
You might want to take a look at the Red Star site again. The $70 model is the microclick adjustable. If you don't need to adjust elevation on the fly, just get the standard mojo peep. It's only $40. I think the standard model looks better (less unstock) than the microclick anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:10:09 PM EDT
You know what? I could get the same thing with a washer on there and still be able to change the range quickly on the fly. I think I'm going with some version of that. Thanks all.
Top Top