top rail step-down
   laser-cut holes to eliminate stretch at trigger pin hole
    lower left rail mag guide

But DO have:
     pre-drilled rivet holes for Romanian fixed stock kits
     fully heat treated 4130 steel
     "S" and "F" selector markings
     "X" and "Y" marks at hammer/trigger holes

Are these useable out of the box?  Are the "missing" features essential?

Will the Yugo underfolder receiver they have work with an M92 Krink kit?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I built a yugo fixed stock with one of ther receivers, and it all went together faster than any other Ak build I have done. The holes lined up really well, although I had to do some very minor filing on one or two holes. The finished gun works great with no problems with ejection or feeding. Im about to order another one of their receivers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Will the Yugo underfolder receiver they have work with an M92 Krink kit?

No, the Yugo M92 kit is assembled with a 1.0mm thick material, straight side wall AKM receiver.
We expect to have such receivers available in May.
Thanks.

Harlan
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
How bout recievers for the Polish 5.45's?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Are you asking for a dedicated semiauto Tantal receiver; one that will allow the installation of the original right side safety and left side selector? Is so, we have the design concept done, but it will be a few months before actual production is started.

If what you want is an AK-74 receiver, we expect to have the DCI model NDS-2 in late April.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Has anybody tried their receivers?

Their "econo" recievers do not have:
   top rail step-down
   laser-cut holes to eliminate stretch at trigger pin hole
    lower left rail mag guide

But DO have:
     pre-drilled rivet holes for Romanian fixed stock kits
     fully heat treated 4130 steel
     "S" and "F" selector markings
     "X" and "Y" marks at hammer/trigger holes

Are these useable out of the box?  Are the "missing" features essential?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=84400
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you asking for a dedicated semiauto Tantal receiver; one that will allow the installation of the original right side safety and left side selector? Is so, we have the design concept done, but it will be a few months before actual production is started.

If what you want is an AK-74 receiver, we expect to have the DCI model NDS-2 in late April.

Thanks.
Harlan

Yes, That is exactly what Im looking for! Also, where do you mark the recievers? Is it on the underside near the magwell? That would be ideal !
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:10:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I hate the big ugly stamp on the side of my OOW receiver.

Since you do custom serial numbering, can we request WHERE the serial number goes?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Also, where do you mark the recievers? Is it on the underside near the magwell? That would be ideal !

All markings for manufacturer info, model and caliber, and serial number are placed on the bottom of the receiver, ahead of the mag well opening.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Also, where do you mark the recievers? Is it on the underside near the magwell? That would be ideal !

All markings for manufacturer info, model and caliber, and serial number are placed on the bottom of the receiver, ahead of the mag well opening.

Thanks.
Harlan

Are they out of the way for the latch pin on folders?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.
Harlan

A few months? SWEET!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#11]
You know, HarlanNDS, you really should be ashamed of yourselves!

A superior product, in many configurations, at a lower price.  Your poor competition!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Harlan,

When you have the Polish receivers ready, are you going to offer them in both fixed and underfolding configurations?

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont even have my Polish part kits yet & I'm ready to order the reciever. Link to website to order please!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Do we need to give a heads up that the money order and ffl are inbound or just send it in?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Harlan,

When you have the Polish receivers ready, are you going to offer them in both fixed and underfolding configurations?

I would think the receiver for the straight stock Polish kits would be the unmodified NDS-1.  The version for the UF would have secondary ops to take the underfolder hardware.
Did you have something else in mind?

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.
Harlan

Are they out of the way for the latch pin on folders?

We know where the holes are to be located.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Do we need to give a heads up that the money order and ffl are inbound or just send it in?

We only take orders for receivers we have in stock. For such orders, we do not need advance notice of incoming orders.

Thanks.
Harlan
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Harlan,

I would think the receiver for the straight stock Polish kits would be the unmodified NDS-1.  The version for the UF would have secondary ops to take the underfolder hardware.
Did you have something else in mind?

Thanks.
Harlan

The secondary ops are what I would be looking for.  I picked up one the NDS-3 receivers, and have a  Polish UF kit at home.  I am thinking that if you are going to be offering the receiver with the necessary features for the UF stock, I will get another kit for the NDS-3 I have and order the receiver for the other kit when it becomes available.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I have purchased 3 of Harlan's receivers.  2 economy akm's and a Yugo.  These are top notch.  I don't know why he calls them economy, because they are great.  All the holes line and no grinding.  The Yugo receiver is built like a tank.

Hats off to ya Harlan...............You beat them all.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top