Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:25:36 AM EDT
Im looking at 74 and 47 gas pistons and I dont see any difference between them. Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:22:52 PM EDT
IIRC, shouldn't matter, after all, it's an AK . AFAIK, the only different parts that can't be interchanged are forward trunnions, barrels, bolts, bolt carriers (I think), magazines, bullet guides and ejectors (A -74 ejector can be used to make a -47, not vice versa). The gas port size is different, too. Full-length AK's generally share the same gas pistons while the shorter ones (Krinks, etc) use a shorter piston.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:02:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bob1984:
IIRC, shouldn't matter, after all, it's an AK . AFAIK, the only different parts that can't be interchanged are forward trunnions, barrels, bolts, bolt carriers (I think), magazines, bullet guides and ejectors (A -74 ejector can be used to make a -47, not vice versa). The gas port size is different, too. Full-length AK's generally share the same gas pistons while the shorter ones (Krinks, etc) use a shorter piston.

Yep pistons are pretty much interchangable

www.MidwestArmory.com
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:32:21 PM EDT
If I remember correctly, the 74 piston is usually a little shorter than the 47 piston but both will work.
Top Top