Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:05:50 PM EDT
I was looking to building an Ak using a parts kit and a 100% reciever using the u drive method. I know a lil bit about guns building AR's and doing trigger jobs and stuff. I was just wondering what does a typical build cost, assuming i already have a hammer and drill, and less finish. I wanted to start saving up money and buying a few parts but wanted to know how much the project will end up being.

any advice appreciated. thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:50:49 PM EDT
Well, if you are planning on using the tools that you currectly have, figure a Romy AK kit around $99 plus shipping, compliance parts to run around $50 for trigger group, pistol grip and slant break, a receiver for around $50 and a couple other misc items. My romys cost around $235 to build and my Yugos around $230 each.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:08:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KnobCreek1:
Well, if you are planning on using the tools that you currectly have, figure a Romy AK kit around $99 plus shipping, compliance parts to run around $50 for trigger group, pistol grip and slant break, a receiver for around $50 and a couple other misc items. My romys cost around $235 to build and my Yugos around $230 each.

does that factor in shipping for parts and FFL fee for the reciever? sounds like a new project for me!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:25:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By silversilvia:

Originally Posted By KnobCreek1:

does that factor in shipping for parts and FFL fee for the reciever? sounds like a new project for me!

If you don't have an FFL and require a transfer, then you can add between $25 and $45 for a transfer. Some folks shop around to determine who does transfers for less, so you may want to look into this. I've got a Type 01 FFL and do my own transfers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:46:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/9/2006 8:51:29 PM EDT by gshep1969]
Romy g kit $99
Bolt cutters $17 (modifying?, your time is free right?)
Tapco G2 trigger group $35
OOW receiver $70, FFL fee $25
Tapco rivet set $7
U drive set (killerone) $9
Air brush $5
Moly paint and Jasco primer(receiver) $35
Chemical stripper and polyurethane(furniture) $30
Pistol grip (USA) $15
Muzzle comp (USA) $15
Rivet jig (made it, time is free right?)
Shipping for these various goodies, a gentleman never tells, so don't ask.

I fully expect to bring this project in below $2000 plus or minus a benjamin or two. Just kidding, but the startup does have a lot of hidden cost not to mention time involved. Best of luck.
Top Top