Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:05:36 PM EDT
I installed a Tapco G2 single hook trigger assembly on a Yugo underfolder built on a DCI 100% receiver. When the hammer is cocked, bringing the bolt carrier rearwards causes it to come into a pretty firm contact with hammer, which it is able to push down. If I gently let the carrier go forward, it will not go past the hammer, but if I let it fly it goes over it OK.

is this expected behavior, or do I perhaps have something installed improperly? This beautiful gun shot 150 rounds with no issues 2 weekends ago, but I am wondering if I might have excess wear on the hammer eventually.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:08:55 PM EDT
That is exactly how my G2 doublehook acts in my Romanian build. Flawless function so far and I just put a bit of lithium grease on the two so the wear will be minimal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 7:53:03 PM EDT by doneking]
The G2's are notorious for having problems such as this with new builds. If the rifle functions OK when actually firing, then I would just ensure that there is adequate lubrication and let it break itself in.

If you are having function problems, then I'd file a little off the hammer surface until the problem ends. Others have posted here and on other sites about having to file a little off the hammer on the G2's occasionally. I mention filing as opposed to grinding. I myself do not wish to apply any heat or unnecessary friction on a critical part, so I choose filing instead. I assume that the hammer is heat treated and am just using caution. I don't know if it would really hurt to grind or not.

If it makes you feel any better - I have an Arsenal AK that hangs up on the hammer a little when I let it go slow. But I've never had any problems with it functioning during firing.

Keep us posted.

DK
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:54:45 PM EDT
Polish your mating surfaces and apply some grease, lightly, to the mating surfaces. Also look at your rails and deburr if needed. I used a high temperature grease called Old Bull, it's an Industrial Grade grease used on plastic injection molds
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:04:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/29/2006 8:04:21 AM EDT by Lonerunner1]
I think that is common in quite a few AK's. Even my Mak-90 with original chineese fcg, the bolt will hold up over the hammer if you gently let the bolt go forward, but it functions 100% when shooting and just letting the bolt go forward on its own.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:28:27 AM EDT
Mine does the same thing. It catches quite a bit on the top of the hammer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:58:59 PM EDT
My wum 1 did the same thing with original fcg. Also with g2. Also with another us made fcg.
Top Top