Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 6:36:23 PM EDT
my MAADI has a rounded rivet head on both sides of the receiver on the rear trunion. i could see maybe some long rivets that the end "crushed" to shape the button? or is it two shorter rivets placed in both sides and crushed together?

i'm building a romy kit right now and i would like to have the buttons on both sides. anyone know how this is done?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:41:41 PM EDT
Use the long rivets.

It will look like this when youre done

Beat you

www.montanafungun.com/rommybuild.jpg
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:46:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ggllggll:
Use the long rivets.

It will look like this when youre done

Beat you

www.montanafungun.com/rommybuild.jpg

were your rivets long enough to form a button. mine arn't.

they just pushed inside the trunion.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:48:54 PM EDT
They were long enough to make a smooshed mess resembling a button. I just staggered them so I got one button on each side.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:52:27 PM EDT
how about if i cut just a little off the end of my long rivet, crushed it flush, then crushed a short rivet into the hole too? i wonder if it would stay or not?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:48:13 PM EDT
Make a divot that looks like a rivet head in a small piece of steel. For this one I used a 1/4" ball end mill to make the divot. I then squished it with my 6 ton A-frame press.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:50:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:38:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 7:38:53 AM EDT by hotboy041582]
I've been curious about this too, until yesterday when my brothergot his krink kit that neverbeen assembled with the rivets and everything, well i took the extra rivet i had left for the rear trunion and the one for his rear trunion and the one that came with the kit was larger in diameter adn a little longer. I was before buying the 23 peice rivet set from global trades, but am going to look around at a few more options now. Anyone know which oneswork well andwhich ones don't?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:07:23 AM EDT
when i did mine yesterday it only flattened the rivet a little for the rear rivets. so i got two stubs and two heads on the other side (i actualy like it that way tho) but i think the tapco rivets are to small and the rivet mostly buckles inside and fills the counter sinks. no way in hell they will move out but if i got it to form a small head ill be happy. damn rivets are harder then i thoguht :)
Top Top