Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/17/2006 7:58:19 AM EDT
I heard that it is necessary to plug the barrel while parkerizing, but how would you plug the gas port hole ???
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:01:43 AM EDT
Rubber plug
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:22:09 AM EDT
i haven't plugged a single barrel in any of the park jobs i've done, and they've all turned out fine.

hard chrome doesn't react with the acid.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:24:16 AM EDT
silicone caulk. Let it cure before parking. should be fine. Silicone has a VERY high melting temperature, Much higher than the 200 degress of parking.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:15:14 PM EDT
Rubber plugs will work. If the barrel is chrome lined, then you really don't need to worry. If it's a Yugo barrel then park could affect the rifling.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:06:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tapeo1:
Rubber plugs will work. If the barrel is chrome lined, then you really don't need to worry. If it's a Yugo barrel then park could affect the rifling.

rifling? on a yugo? no way
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:29:22 PM EDT
how much could it affect the rifiling, how much could it possibly add, and wouldn't the first couple down the pipe clean most of that out
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:53:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pol_pot_47:

Originally Posted By tapeo1:

rifling? on a yugo? no way

Well, if you were fortunate enough to get a nice Yugo barrel Fortunately for me, I did! As for those sewer pipe Yugo barrels out there, then it probably doesn't matter... maybe it might actually help.
Top Top