Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:30:19 PM EDT
Lessee.... Romy kit on the way from DPH arms, rivets on the way from Stuart McDaniel, NDS econo receiever ordered from Harlan, just made a flyin' trip to Salt Lake City to Harbor Freight, got my 12 ton press, three sets of 24" bolt cutters to modify into rivet smusher (s)...picked up assorted punches, swung by Paxton Production Tools at 560 S 400W, got a couple of carbide ball end mills to make the round head indent on my rivet smusher.... (they've got all kinds of carbide, and cobalt drills, letters, #s and fractons.) Okay, what have I forgoten?? Les
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:47:23 PM EDT
Sounds like all you need is compliance parts.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:51:36 PM EDT
Dale: The kit comes with some already, the fire control group.. (3), receiver (1) ...guess I'll have to get on the horn to Tapco and see what else I could get.... need two more, right?? Les
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:00:26 PM EDT
Id go with a US piston and slant brake for the 2 remaining compliance parts. I like the original romy pistol grip.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:11:44 AM EDT
Kit, gas piston, rivets, and slant break (USmade) all came yesterday.. by 10:30 pm had kit ready to go back together.. need receiver, should be at my FFLs today or tomorrow.. Kit looks BRAN'NEW!! barrel pin came out with a few smacks from a 3# hammer... Milled off rivet heads both trunions in my Smithy Midas 1220..works slick.. faced off a short piece of old Mauser 8mm barrel for a pusher to remove barrel.. and the copper pad for the barrel rear only cost me 3cents.. barrel came loose with a loud crack.. guess I'll change out the gas piston next.. will keep you'sns updated... Les
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:14:51 PM EDT
Got 'er all together this evening.. took it out on the back porch and fired about six rounds into the dirt berm behind the house.. (No one lives within three miles, only BLM ground and a ranch).. If I don't work tomorrow, I'll set up a target and try her out..
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:27:39 PM EDT
Don't forget to post up some pictures =].
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:50:24 AM EDT
Congrats on the build, now let's see the pics!
Top Top