Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:14:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/13/2006 6:14:44 PM EDT by offroader333]
i removed gasblock and front site, any tips and/or tricks to getting them straight? the front site was a bit off to begin with, its a romy kit if that helps. thanks in advance. the link in tacked thread isn't working for me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:10:47 PM EDT
If you want to correct it and use pins you'll have to set it up in a mill and cut the pin holes and FSB oversize for new over size pins. Thats how I did it. There may be a couple people who have used a hand drill and got lucky with correcting the alignment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:06:52 AM EDT
If you're looking for a means to simply make sure the gas block and FSB are TDC then I might be able to help.

I recently performed this on my SAR1 not but 1 week ago. I used a combination of the gas piston and cleaning rod to eyeball the gas block TDC. Insert the bolt carrier into the receiver and slide it forward. Notice the space around the gas piston as it enters the gas block. Eyeball it to make sure it's as even as possible. I also used a 1 piece .30 cal cleaning rod laid down the centerline of the barrel (on top) from the rear sight block to the muzzle. Looking down onto the barrel will allow you to double check your work on the gas chamber as well as aligning your FSB.

Also, make sure the gas port in the barrel lines up with the gas port in the gas chamber before you set it in place.

Clear as mud?
Top Top