BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:14:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a matching bolt & carrier with a non matching barrel & trunnion whats the chances of the head spacing being correct. They are all Bulgarian from what I can tell

If the barrel is from a different trunnion, chances are not too good that the headspace will be perfect.
It might be close. It could be perfect. It could be far from close.

Now if the barrel and trunnion are a set, then that's a different story. But that's not what you have.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I think chances are fair that they will headspace right.  There have been quite a few guys who have gotten lucky with non-matching parts kits and headspacing.  I wish you luck man.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
duke it's hit or miss. All you can do is put a barrel in the trunnion without the pin and check the headspace. if its right you win. If not, pull the barrel and try the other one. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
A headspace gauge will tell you what you want to know.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes Duke, check the headspace anyway!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
i have dibs that say he puts it together w/ the first barrel and it works!
anyone else?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
built 2 of the ORF sidefolder kits a couple of weeks ago.  one kit would not headspace.  had a spare 74 barrel laying around, changed all the goodies out, gas block, fsb, etc, switched them out and it was fine.  have another that will be built this weekend.  keeping my fingers crossed!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top