Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/8/2006 6:30:15 PM EDT
I have built two ak's. A amd 63 and a romy,(and in process of an polish underfold). I have two questions about the way these things are acting at the shooting range. First question is my amd 63. It shoots great most of the time but every once in a while the hammer will not catch on trigger or sear causing hammer to go into an slam fire position. I am using original trigger parts and i have checked the sear spring for proper tension and all seems good? Any advise? Next question, my romy, the first time i shot it , it shot great. 30 rounds through a composite mag no prob. The next weekend I shot it the romy wouldnt even load the second round. It jammed into the guide ramp and barrel. I have tried diff. mags and sometimes it works fine but sometimes the bullet still jams. Need advise please!!!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:32:05 AM EDT
for the 63 i'd suggest putting in a G2 trigger if you have one. then see if the problem happens again.
The mags on the Romy. Are you using US made mags? I know a person that had USMags and that was happening with him.
just my thoughts
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:33:38 AM EDT
Are you using Commie mags or US made???
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:01:14 AM EDT
you need to remove the back off the disconnect

if i was you id actually change out the fcg amd makes good guns but shit fcgs
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:21:20 AM EDT
I was thinking about switching to the g2 in amd. as for romy, the composite mag is USA made and I have used steel overseas mags. Romi seams to like steel mags better but it will still jam at times. thanks for your replies.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:53:47 AM EDT
Sounds like the 63 has to much space on the sides of the hammer pivot pin alowing the hammer to slide sideways and not engage the single hook.
You either need to shim the sides around the pivot pin, close in the sides of the receiver by the pin just a bit, find a hammer with a wider pivot base or change to a double hook.
Many ways to skin a cat.
The AMD FCG is better than a SAR, at least it doesn't slap the hell out of your finger.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:10:06 AM EDT
Are the mags sitting straight in the mag well or are they getting pushed to the side by the mag guide next to the mag well dimple?
Alot of the 100% receivers are made for 7.62 or 5.45 and ned metal removed from the ejector and the mag guide.
Are the sides of you mags getting scraped when you insert them?
I usually gring the mag guide down until it is flush with the dimple.
I love my Dremmel.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:44:21 PM EDT
"every once in a while the hammer will not catch on trigger or sear causing hammer to go into an slam fire position"

...which is dangerous to you in two ways - first, you could have a really bad detonation, with plastic surgery following very close behind. Second, an over zealous LEF of some sort could decide that you have a machine gun.

Consider the G2 (DOUBLE hook only)... good price, ups your parts count (you have 6 parts from the US, right?) - and I've never had a G2 DOUBLE hook unit slam fire.
Top Top